1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Experience with Verizon phone replacement

Discussion in 'Verizon' started by Checkka, May 28, 2011.

1. Checkka

Checkka Newbie

I've had my Droid 2 for about 9 months now and one of the capacitive buttons (specifically the back button) appears to be broken. I have insurance and was wondering how the replacement process goes? Will they replace my current phone with the same exact model? Will i have any choice of which replacement I get?

Also, should I be covered by the warranty or the insurance?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. drdoom

drdoom Android Expert

As long as you didn't physically alter/damage it in any way, that should be a warranty problem since it falls under the 1 year warranty electronic devices are required to have. I would contact Motorola before I contact your insurance provider; either one will replace it, but Motorola will be free and you might get your original phone back rather than a refurb.

Checkka likes this.
  3. Checkka

Checkka Newbie

Would I contact motorola through some support line or can i handle warranty issues through Verizon?

One big issue is that my mobile phone is my main line, so I can't be without it for any period of time to allow motorola to repair it. This includes email access, web, GPS, etc.

4. Steven58

Either call verizon. 800 922 0204 or bring your phone into a corporate store for a replacement. It's easy and painless. You'll get a replacement phone pronto.

5. 00smurf

00smurf Member

The warranty if no physical/liquid damage to the phone would be through Verizon Wireless, and they would send out a Certified Like New Replacement and you have to return the original device within 5 days.

00smurf

6. trips

trips Lurker

With me they just replaced the covering for the phone with no hassle.

7. Decibles

Decibles Newbie

I've always had an amazing experience with just walking into a corporate store (Specifically the store in Rochester Hills, MI) and speaking with an associate. In the past 9 years I've either walked out with a brand new phone or had a replacement in 24 hours.

As a matter of fact, I just went in yesterday because the headphone jack on my DX quit- I walked out with a brand new DX2 fresh out of the box.