• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Experience with Verizon phone replacement

Checkka

Aug 21, 2010
I've had my Droid 2 for about 9 months now and one of the capacitive buttons (specifically the back button) appears to be broken. I have insurance and was wondering how the replacement process goes? Will they replace my current phone with the same exact model? Will i have any choice of which replacement I get?

Also, should I be covered by the warranty or the insurance?

As long as you didn't physically alter/damage it in any way, that should be a warranty problem since it falls under the 1 year warranty electronic devices are required to have. I would contact Motorola before I contact your insurance provider; either one will replace it, but Motorola will be free and you might get your original phone back rather than a refurb.

Reactions: Checkka
Upvote 0
I've always had an amazing experience with just walking into a corporate store (Specifically the store in Rochester Hills, MI) and speaking with an associate. In the past 9 years I've either walked out with a brand new phone or had a replacement in 24 hours.

As a matter of fact, I just went in yesterday because the headphone jack on my DX quit- I walked out with a brand new DX2 fresh out of the box.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones