1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support experiencing a few niggles since 2.3

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by DCUltrapro, Jul 18, 2011.

1. DCUltrapro

DCUltrapro Well-Known Member
    None

So gingerbread finally came from orange for me a few weeks ago, i definitely like it but have noticed aome strange behaviour thats not gone away with the usual power off fixes etc.

First; when typing a tx reply, if i hit the backspace key it bugs out thinking i want to delete txts and i loose what im doing, im not hitting the wrong key it just seems to glitch when i first start typing.

Seccond; i noticed when playing angry birds rio that it seems to now pause my game at random, i will be playing and even not pressing anything and it will just bring up the menu as if i paused. I also noticed this problem while trying to use the camera, only instead of pausing the screen just seemed to go black and then come back up after a second, so its a similar problem, i'll be looking at what the lens is seeing before taking a picture and, without pressing anything it would just flick to black then back, it did that quite a few more times.

Strange occurences! Anyone have any idea?

Cheers

Advertisement

2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!

Jan 3, 2011
    Scotland
    I noticed the first problem, but put it down to the fact I was using the GB keyboard I'd downloaded from the market. It went away when I used the HTC offering. Are you using the GB keyboard per chance?

Can't comment on the 2nd issue though, are you sure you're not pressing anything?

3. DCUltrapro

None

hi, thanks for the reply. Yeah the second problem is strange though as the game seems to pause randomly, but when using the camera it seems as if the lense is having a problem focusing as I can hear it making a strange noise, the screen just keeps readjusting and going black and then coming back.

I haven't changed the keyboard, how can I tell which one I am using? I assume its just the HTC one right? I'm on Orange contract phone in the UK so I'm using whatever they forced me to when I got it lol.

thanks

4. DCUltrapro

None

ok so I finally got MOST of my problems with my phone sorted and managed to keep gingerbread. Basically I just did a factory reset, now everything is fine again except the text still bugs occassionally, so I guess that was the solution. Love my phone though, and that was the first factory reset I've done, so thats 5 months before having to do it, not too bad!

5. DCUltrapro

None

hey gang, so I got my camera and media to all work properly again after the factory reset however I still have problems typing txts with the keypad. Its not a problem when typing in any other app. but for some reason I still get a problem when innitially typing a txt msg reply.

I start typing and when I make a spelling mistake and hit the back space the screen just goes to a menu where I can select txts in the conversation and choose to delete them. how the hell does it get the idea that I want it to give me the option to select and delete txt msgs? I then have to hit the back arrow which throws what I was writing back into the drafts and I have to arse around getting it out of there so I can carry on typing and send it.

Please not when this happens I have already turned my phone to landscape to get the keypad to become larger as I have pretty big fingers and the stupid little one is just too small, so there is no chance of me hitting any other button that would do this, the keys nearest to back space that I could POSSIBLY be hitting by mistake are return, which just moves the cursor down 1 line, cursor left, cursor down, M or the button to change the keypad to numbers and symbols.

Anyone got any idea why this is still happening after a factory reset? thanks

6. dazza555

dazza555 Lurker
    None

Aug 7, 2011
    Hi there DCUltrapro
    I'm having the exact same problem as you with respect to the messaging app. I'll be typing, notice I've screwed up and hit delete and bam, it sends me into the delete conversation history screen. One other thing that happens to me though is after I've hit the back arrow my keyboard wont come back until I rotate the phone between portrait and landscape again or I've had to exit the messaging app just to get back my incomplete txt. I've just emailed HTC describing the issue as well like 5 minutes ago and god only knows when I'll here back from them. I've also tried every single setting for the keyboard to try and fix it but nothing seems to work. Also I'm over Australia on the vodafone network if that makes a difference. If you find any fixes please let me know, it's driving me nuts.

7. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!

Jan 3, 2011
    Scotland
    It's just one of the minor errors with the upgrade unfortunately. As far as I'm aware, there isn't a fix as of yet.