1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Experiencing issues, which rom should I use?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ShapeShifter499, Feb 8, 2016.

1. ShapeShifter499

ShapeShifter499 Android Enthusiast

There are so many new roms now. Right now I'm using the latest CM11 from @whoshotjr2006 here http://androidforums.com/threads/un...1957s-camcorder-hq-youtube-green-tint.908555/ I'm having so many issues with random app closures and system lag. I'm not sure if it's apps like Facebook or just not setting up the system correctly. I'm also not sure if it's because I'm running apps off my SD card with a fstab tweak. I want to know what is the best rom and setup for this device. My min requirements is being able to run at most two apps at the same time (like pandora music in the background with whatever app in the foreground) without crashing.

SykkNyzz likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Curtis1973

Curtis1973 Android Expert

Never have these issues. Could be the fstab tweak

3. ShapeShifter499

Do you use any app to SD card methods? if so which?

4. Curtis1973

No just got internal memory while Im on pac rom port. On stock I use modded stock which allows basic move to sd. I use music while on Opera and when in facebook often.

dvdavid888 likes this.
  5. ShapeShifter499

Well I'm going to redo the system and go back to using Link2SD. What rom do you think I should try?

6. Curtis1973

I would try stock first oddly enough. It performs very well.

7. ShapeShifter499

Stock was slow for me it seemed

dvdavid888 likes this.
  8. Curtis1973

Give Slimkat Remix a shot. From user posts that I've seen said it probably ran the best.

SykkNyzz likes this.
  9. billfry

billfry Newbie

gummy or ZV6 V.5

10. ShapeShifter499

I'll give Slimkat a shot. It seems though I'll set up a rom and it will act speedy enough till I start installing apps then it goes downhill from there. Just ran the latest Stock debloat rom ZV6 V.5 and just trying to use Pandora radio with the stock browser (or any other app) Pandora would quit playing after a bit.

11. billfry

billfry Newbie

low memory killer?

12. dvdavid888

dvdavid888 Android Enthusiast

Check your low memory settings

13. ShapeShifter499

I've tried either default (the default on each rom, never checked if they were the same) or the "medium" or "light" settings in the "Kernel Adiutor" app. What did you guys do with your LMK settings?

14. dvdavid888

Try medium in kernel adiutor should slow down the killing of (Pandora) apps running in the background I have mine set to aggressive for performance I had a similar issue i ended up putting a swap partition

#14 dvdavid888, Feb 9, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2016
  15. ShapeShifter499

Swap on my SD card slowed down things and even when it did help I worried about the SD card dying and all my data suddenly going bye bye.

16. dvdavid888

In my opinion you'll probably have a new phone before the SD card dies I always use Sandisk Ultra Plus Class 1 micro sd cards in every device I have never had a problem with any of my micro sd cards depending on what class SD card u have does affect performance as far as reading speed and writing speeds

LG Volt Forum

The LG Volt release date was May 2014. Features and Specs include a 4.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon 400 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

May 2014
Release Date
Reviews