1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

EXPLORING EVO 4G New Member

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by patrickburger10, Oct 2, 2010.

1. patrickburger10

patrickburger10 New Member

Oct 2, 2010
    Has anyone written an EVO 4G For Dummies yet?

Is there any detailed guide how to set up email accounts? I set up my - patrick......@gmail.com and my - patrick.......@yahoo.com accounts w/o a problem, but can't seem to set up my patrick@architectinspect.com (Iget an error message saying " can't verify server"). I don't now POP from IMAP - help!?

I couldn't setup my patrick@architectinspect.com email account which goes through Gmail system. On my desktop, in my above named email account I chose - settings/ then forwarding and POP/IMAP - then I 1) clicked on 'Enable IMAP - for android you need to enable IMAP; 2) clicked on Configure your email client (configuration instructions) click configure and there was a choice of phones (pick your phone) and there it was - all the info I needed.....settings for incoming and outgoing servers, etc. - clicked finish and I had my email. Hope this may help someone else.

Are there any EVO 4G experts that can show/set-up all functions on my EVO 4G? I guess not - at least not any store I can go to, but I have gotten some good information/help from this site!

Advertisement

2. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time...

Jul 9, 2010
    Male
    Engineer
    'neath a cactus
    Welcome to the Android Forums!

Check out our EVO 4G forums. You'll find lots of good information there.

HTC EVO 4G - Android Forums

3. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH

Feb 19, 2010
    Male
    Welcome to the Android Forums community! Glad you signed up! Feel free to join the conversations! :D