1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Export all chats (without missing anything, so with images, videos, voice messages, etc.) informatio

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Biffos, Feb 15, 2020 at 2:33 AM.

1. Biffos

Biffos Well-Known Member

Is it possible to copy / export (and import after if need be) all chats (without missing anything, so with images, videos, voice messages, etc.) information about the calls, etc. so I could store them on my Notebook?

Advertisement

2. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

WhatsApp can do backups (I have it set to back up weekly), which you can copy to another device (or Google Drive) if you want. I think it's in the "chat" settings (certainly in the app's settings somewhere, but I don't have my phone with me to check).

ocnbrze likes this.
  3. Biffos

Biffos Well-Known Member

Found it, yes, Chats. It already is set to backup, weekly, I didn't do it. by default obviously. But I cannot find an option to back up to another drive or the phone.

So only the Chats are backed up, I assume. Without the data of the calles, etc.

Many thanks!

ocnbrze likes this.
  4. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Probably. I rarely use WhatsApp for calls (never initiate calls through it, occasionally receive) so tend to think of it only as a chat app.

It's possible that a backup app like Helium will do this, but it's 3 years since I used that so I can't swear to it.

ocnbrze likes this.
  5. Biffos

Biffos Well-Known Member

It seems there is not option for local backups but WhatsApp backs up by default to the phone. So there are backup file on the phone done by WhatsApp.

Thank you very much!

ocnbrze likes this.