• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Exported App has no App Module Confguration

Ben Lucas

Lurker
May 16, 2019
Hello all, I am new to Android Studios. I have been developing an app for a class for 7 weeks now and am trying to submit it. Whenever my teacher tries to open it, There is no configuration module and the app cannot be run. I am using Android Studio 3.4, Gradle build 3.4.0, SDK 28 with 14 as the minimum. I have used a Galaxy s9 to do most of the developing because the emulator slows down my computer substantially. When I have used an emulator, I used a Pixel AVD that was the standard one in Android Studio. When I sent the file to my teacher,
>I copied the folder or the project
>I saw on a site that you could delete some things to reduce size
>removed the build file to trim the zip size
>removed the .iml files for size
>zipped the file and sent it through google drive
I should mention that he is using Android studio 3.2. I have tried this several ways at this point. The Export to Zip option in the File menu allowed the project to load but then it crashed. I have fully tested it on my end and have no problems moving it from my home computer to other computers. I have been googling this for two days and haven't had much luck. Let me know if there are other questions. Thank you.

You can try these instructions to export it: https://www.codebrainer.com/blog/exporting-android-studio-project-moving-to-another-computer

You should look into generate an unsigned package. This should generate an apk and you can share it with other ppl. This apk can be transfer to a device. In settings, you need to enable "install from unverified sources" or something along those lines. Then you copy the file into your devices, you find it with the device explorer and click on it.

Third option is to use git and your fav online repo manager: github, gitlab, bitbucket, etc.

Kf

Upvote 0
thanks for the reply! That was the page that gave me the idea to delete the Build folder. Thanks for the input though. I tried installing Android Studio 3.2 on a different computer and I am getting similar results to what my teacher is seeing. This is with a folder from Android Studio 3.4, with only the build file deleted, zipped, uploaded to google drive, downloaded to another computer and then opened in Android Studio 3.2.

upload_2019-5-17_8-51-35.png

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones