• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Exporting Text Messages from Note 8 to PC ?

tmyc

Lurker
Feb 18, 2022
I have never exported my text messages from my Note 8. It has 8 gigs of messages. I want to save them on my Windows 10 PC and be able to save them like they were on my Note 8. What software can I Buy?
I thought of buying Droid Central for $30 ! I want to maker it simple and save my complete messages/pictures/links on the PC and be able to delete the messages on the phone to free up memory space on the 64 Gig Note. I kind of like using my text messages as a Journal with particular people.

I have never exported my text messages from my Note 8. It has 8 gigs of messages. I want to save them on my Windows 10 PC and be able to save them like they were on my Note 8. What software can I Buy?
I thought of buying Droid Central for $30 ! I want to maker it simple and save my complete messages/pictures/links on the PC and be able to delete the messages on the phone to free up memory space on the 64 Gig Note. I kind of like using my text messages as a Journal with particular people.
You have 8 GIGABYTES of text messages...?

My SMS backup is currently around 60,000 messages and is only 1.6 GB :-O

Upvote 0
SMS backup and restore from the play store will do this for you. Have it backup to Google drive, then login to Google drive on your computer.

Yes... I have never deleted any messages since i got the phone in 2019. Its my diary with people.

Well this is the app that I use, also. But I have no idea if it can handle that many messages

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones