1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Extended batteries

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by gwolf, May 21, 2011.

1. gwolf

gwolf Newbie

Fetch Questman likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Fine69

Fine69 Android Enthusiast

wow the mugen is huge forget having a protective case with that..

3. ickster

ickster Android Enthusiast

Yeah that ruins the sleekness of this phone for sure. That sure is pricey too.
    Kills me because the Metropcs crowd have been screaming for an extended battery since Feb. for the Samsung Indulge. I just left it, and that is one phone that needs an extended battery.
    I've had no real issues with short battery life. I have a couple of spares on the way. I'd rather change batteries once in a while than have that monster.

4. Fetch Questman

Fetch Questman Well-Known Member

"No extended battery door is required. Battery generally improves after 4-5 charge cycles. Please allow the battery to fully charge and discharge 5 times to enjoy max charge potential."

So from reading that other thread I thought that cycling your battery did nothing to improve life. Do these people not know there own product?

5. Fetch Questman

Fetch Questman Well-Known Member

Anyway, thanks for the heads up. I spend a lot of time driving, so battery life is rarely an issue for me as my phone is usually charging while I use it, but I went ahead and ordered the slim battery for those rare times.

6. mojorisin7178

mojorisin7178 Member

man that slim one is just not enough and the other one I don't mind the size I can deal with that but that price holy s*&# I really want an extended battery too but I will wait. My friend has the htc eveo and he just got a new extended battery and instead of coming with just a bigger back it came with something similar to the odder box for the evo. It is not the odder box but it is just like it and made to fit the bigger battery. Of course the phone is a monster now but indestructible and excellent battery life. That was about $100 but without the case it is worth it. I am hoping they come out with one for us. I will find out the maker and start a new thread next week when I see him.
    Charlie

7. colnago

colnago Android Expert

FWIW, I have a Seidio extended battery for my Motorola Q, and it came with similar instructions. Battery life did indeed improve as per the instructions, as it did with my other (9) smartphones, and their additional OEM/extended batteries.

8. dirtypaulie

dirtypaulie Newbie

I just got extra batteries. The battery that comes with the G2x is from China I found this place Wind electronic & had 2 batteries shipped to me for $11.00 & they got here in 4 days gonna get 2 more with the desktop chargers. My lady & I both have a G2x

Maris likes this.
  9. Fine69

Fine69 Android Enthusiast

hmmm seidio made a really nice extended battery for my incredible and works alot better than factory. I hope they come out with one as well.

10. colnago

colnago Android Expert

$11 for (2) batteries? Good luck with that. I seriously hope they do not catch fire, as have some questionable models.

11. 1Cent

1Cent Newbie

Is the first amazon link a bigger battery than the standard one on the G2X?

12. 1Cent

1Cent Newbie

13. defiantbeast

defiantbeast Well-Known Member

No its the exact same size as the standard battery the difference being that they squeezed more mah in the 1800 mah battery vs the 15mah standard battery. Thats actually a good price for an extended battery even if its not a huge difference in power. Seidio normally charges 45-55$

14. bigbudha

bigbudha Lurker

i bought the battery in the first link the 1800mah. after five drain and recharge cycle i saw no improvement. i think stock battery is better,waste on money.

15. Maris

Maris Well-Known Member

I bought the slightly extended battery that comes with a charger using your link. It came yesterday and after charging it fully I'm at almost 13 hours and 49%. I was surprised to get that good of a result after only one charge. The charger that comes with it has nice led lights to let you know when it is charging and when it is fully charged. I was a little hesitant to use this battery, but decided to give it a chance. I played a couple of games about an hour straight and did not notice any unusual heat. So far, so good.

dirtypaulie likes this.
  16. dirtypaulie

dirtypaulie Newbie

Glad it worked it for you, I actually ordered another worth the charger as well

T-Mobile G2X Forum

The T-Mobile G2X release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Nvidia Tegra 2 AP20H processor, and 1500mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews