• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Extended Battery Calibration

Amazon.com: eForCity Extended Li-ion Battery with Cover for HTC EVO 3D: Cell Phones & Accessories

Bought this one, reviews were good and the battery was CHEAP. Case fits fine and the battery works fine.

How long should the calibration cycle take? I've had this battery since Saturday night, and did my first charge cycle with it Sat --> Sun night. Been draining it and then charging up to green and then some with the phone off. However, when I turn the phone back on, it shows only a 90% charge. The draining behavior has changed over the past couple of days-

Monday- Drained till 50% very quickly, was pretty worried. Then it was normal drain till 40%, and it just refused to die then lol. After it finally hit 30%, I ended up playing a loop of Nyan cat at full brightness with 4G searching + bluetooth on to kill it. Lasted a good 45 minutes before it finally died.

Tuesday- Drained till 70% very quickly, drained normally until 60% and has lasted me (as of now, 8.30PM) since noon, and now is at 30%.

Normal rate is normal for the STOCK battery that came with the phone.

Used the phone about the same for both days. Also it gets "stuck" at random percentages, like it'll display 37% for 15 minutes. When I reboot, it also sometimes goes suddenly up or down.

When will this pattern even out?

By the way, EasySteve-

IMG_20121130_200637.jpg

I just realized how much I hated my old phone haha. Soooo slow! xD

Reactions: EazySteve
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones