1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Extended Battery Case for HTC One X

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by cece423, Aug 13, 2012.

1. cece423

cece423 Lurker

Has anyone tried using an extended battery/case with your HTC One X? I'd like to hear your opinion on performance, added bulk/weight, etc.
    There are several sellers on eBay listing a 2200mAh or a 3500mAh Extra Power Backup Extended Battery Case for $22-$32, weighing 85g to 185g. I just got my phone from AT&T, about a week ago and find that the battery lasts about as described in other discussions. The problem is that when traveling or otherwise away from a power source all day, I like to have an extra battery for backup.
    I realize these will be "off-brands" from China or ?? but I haven't had too many problems with such items in the past.
    Thanks for your input.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member

Not sure about the cases, I've always been wary of the extra bulk. Have you looked at the external batteries? I picked up a 5600mAh anker and it charges the phone from flat to full just over two times.

Is that an option?

3. Rik Mayall

Rik Mayall Member

Where did you get that from mate?

4. El Presidente

VIP Member

Amazon, I'll link you when I can get to a PC. :)

Rik Mayall likes this.
  5. FeedbakBWR

FeedbakBWR Well-Known Member

Yes please I would love to check this out as well Prez

6. El Presidente

VIP Member

7. cece423

cece423 Lurker

I have a similar battery pack and charger (no flashlight) that I bought for a trip to South America when I wanted to be able to recharge my Nook, so I am familiar with those. I was looking at these on eBay--
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The battery seems to be integrated into the case. I've seen something like this on a friend's iPhone, he turns it on when his phone battery is very low. And you're right, it does not appear to charge the phone, so they both would need to be charged overnight or every couple of days.

I was hoping someone could comment on the added weight, bulk, and performance.

8. Rusty

Rusty Android Expert

Try XDA Devs, there is a massive thread on these.

cece423 and El Presidente like this.
  9. Rik Mayall

Rik Mayall Member

10. cece423

cece423 Lurker

Thanks for that link, I just spent way too much time reading reviews, but it was exactly what I was looking for. Seems like they work as expected for the price, more people complained of long shipping times than about the actual case.

HTC One X Forum

The HTC One X release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Nvidia Tegra 3 processor, and 1800mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews