1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Extended Battery Cases

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Ciggy, Dec 20, 2011.

1. Ciggy

Ciggy Well-Known Member

I know a lot of you are going to purchase the extended battery with 4g sucking out our power and the huge screen eating battery life the extended battery that barely adds any weight or thickness is great to pick up. Especially since I got mine from Verizon for only $25, not sure if it's still on sale.

With the phone my verizon rep gave me a box of goodies for free, screen protectors, a case, a holster and a car charger.

The case has been great, it has a fold out kick stand and has protected my phone from the one fall it has taken off the desk at work. The case no longer fits because the extended battery, even with the stock battery cover squeezed over the new battery the case still does not fit.

Does anyone have a case that fits?

If you come across one post it here!

Update!

Cases that reportedly fit (with ext battery):

1. CruzerLite TPU - Cruzer Lite : Samsung : For Samsung Galaxy Nexus SCH-I515
    2. Incipio
    3. Diztronic TPU - http://tpu-cases.com/index.php?main...902d3d9c084d35cd90c1f4ea&keyword=galaxy+nexus
    4. Silicone Verizon Case
    5. OtterBox Commuter Case - small gaps still works
    6. OtterBox Defense Case
    7. Seidio Case - http://androidforums.com/samsung-ga...dio-shipping-new-accessories.html#post3694811
    8. Qubits Gel Case from Amazon
    9. Casemate Pop

I will keep this thread updated as long as interest continues.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. maquina

maquina Member

Bump: I'd like to know if anyone has found anything also. It's probably too soon to see any cases for the extended battery as of yet. I'm still optomistic though.

3. triplejnj

triplejnj Newbie

4. Ciggy

Ciggy Well-Known Member

I agree none of the company's have probably developed a case for the extended yet but some may have had a little extra space, really hoping to find a case that fits with a kick stand. Ill keep hoping tho

@triplejnj - im in nj also, great that's one case on the list. The case I have DOES NOT fit anymore. Even tho its such a slight change.

5. tarponbeach

tarponbeach Android Enthusiast

The Incipio case that verizon sells fits with either battery. Not a bad case.

6. yan193

yan193 Newbie

7. sperho

sperho Android Enthusiast

Just received mine today; ditto above.

8. MMcCraryNJ

MMcCraryNJ Android Enthusiast

The Verizon-branded silicone cover that they are selling in the corporate stores also fit perfectly fine with the extended battery. Using one myself.

The Diztronic fits as well, I have one of those too. Ultimately though, the Diztronic was way too slippery in the back for me, despite being an awesome case, hence why I bought the thicker silicone case from VZW

9. Ciggy

Ciggy Well-Known Member

Ok it seems every so far that has a case that fits is using a silicone case. Makes a lot of sense these would work as silicone is easily stretched. Any one have a hard case that fits over my phone new back fat?

10. Blue218

Blue218 Android Enthusiast

I have the Otterbox Defender and it fits fine with the extended battery and the rear cover that came with it.

11. ChiTownJim

ChiTownJim Android Expert

I just ordered a Casemate Barely There should get it thursday I will update on if it fits the extended battery

12. A2Aegis

A2Aegis Member

Any word on the Consumer Otterbox case?

13. bobwiley

bobwiley Newbie

I'm assuming you mean commuter? If so, I'd definitely like to know as well...

14. ShakeAndBake

ShakeAndBake Lurker

Same here! Was bummed out when the case w/kickstand at the Verizon store didn't fit on the Gnex with the extended battery.

15. monsterenergy22

monsterenergy22 Android Enthusiast

I can confirm the otterbox commuter fits with the extended battery. 2 of the corners have a slight gap, the other 2 corners fit just fine. Case still works perfectly though.

Attached Files:

• bad.JPG
      bad.JPG
      File size:
      419.5 KB
      Views:
    • good.JPG
      good.JPG
      File size:
      452.1 KB
      Views:
  16. Ciggy

Ciggy Well-Known Member

updated first post. please let us know when you guys receive your cases in the mail.

17. ska.t73

ska.t73 Android Expert

Thanks for this thread Ciggy, haven't gotten a case yet. I got the extended battery the day I got the phone and didn't even notice a change in the size. I wouldn't have even realized that not every case would fit if it wasn't for reading this. I was used to the extended battery on the TB which was so big it gave you an extra handle on the back lol...

Ciggy likes this.
  18. greggebhardt

greggebhardt Android Enthusiast

I got the Barely There and if the battery or back is bigger than stock, there is no way this case would fit.:thinking:

19. Ciggy

Ciggy Well-Known Member

For those with working cases, please provide a link to where we can purchase (view pictures) of that case. Thanks!!

20. javikid

javikid Newbie

What about any of the case mates? I like their products.

21. RazorSharp

RazorSharp Android Expert

+1 to all the Diztronic reports, I have the Matte Black case and it fits just fine over the extended battery and the door that came with it.

Per OP's request, here's a link: Diztronic Galaxy Nexus cases

22. BzB

BzB Android Enthusiast

the seidio surface case will work with the extended battery. see my post here for tips on how to make it work.

23. Ciggy

Ciggy Well-Known Member

Updated the first post. Now i need to choose which one I want!

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews