1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Extended battery consequences

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by nickc9.3, Dec 22, 2011.

1. nickc9.3

nickc9.3 Member

I was sick and tired of the stock battery. I wouldn't get through one day's use. I bought a 3500 mah hyperion battery off of amazon for 20$. It definitely works now. I went through an entire day with 75% battery left and light use.

The problem is signal strength. I got an extended battery cover and I noticed I didn't get signals at places I did before.

I then looked at my signal strength.I had -99 in my room. I knew the antennas were on the back case and the case can squeak a little. I squeezed the case on all parts of the phone and watched as the strength went from -80 to -105 .....I really don't know what to do. This phone has awful reception with this new battery.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. hilmar2k

hilmar2k Android Expert

That's a common issue. You'll have to choose between signal strength or having more battery life than you could possibly ever use in a day.

Not too tough if you ask me.....

3. TheAtheistReverend

TheAtheistReverend Anybody want a peanut?
    VIP Member

I went with the same extended battery and had the same problem but more so with GPS.
    I think the only thing you can do is get the OEM extended battery as I think it has proper antennas in it. Maybe you could purchase just the battery cover...

4. nickc9.3

nickc9.3 Member

yes my gps has gone to sh*t. Sometimes it will not connect and other times it takes forever

5. Rangerdavid

Rangerdavid Well-Known Member

I got the extended 2100 battery from verizon. no issues with signal strength, and even with heavy use, email, internet, facebook, iheartradio, etc. all day, I still have battery left, plenty left.

6. nickc9.3

nickc9.3 Member

How much was that battery?

HTC Droid Incredible 2 Forum

The HTC Droid Incredible 2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1450mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews