1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support Extended Battery Drain

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Volsdude, Aug 18, 2010.

1. Volsdude

Volsdude New Member

Aug 16, 2010
    I just bought the extended battery for my Droid X yesterday and put it on charge for three hours last night and then at bedtime. I got up this morning with a "charged" battery. I used the phone a little today but not alot. By 7 pm CST my battery was at 30%. Is this normal, I mean with the regular battery I had a better battery life span than this. Did i not charge it correctly? I will continue to look for more battery drain questions but any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks.

Advertisement

2. C0n57an71n3

C0n57an71n3 Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2010
    From what I can gather from reading and personal experience, the phone sort of builds better battery life gradually after a full discharge. Example: The first day I got mine I ran it all the way down. With it fully charged, I got 5 hours use. The next day, I got 8. The day after, I got 12.

Today I ran it down all the way again, and it's been running for 3 hours and I'm at 60%.

3. Volsdude

Volsdude New Member

Aug 16, 2010
  4. xxsicpuppyxx

xxsicpuppyxx Member

Aug 4, 2010
    I am on day number two with my new extended. Day one gave me only 7 hours. Right now I'm trying to deplete it for the third time and am at 30 left with 9 hours off charger. Seems to be "learning." But still not satisfied as I should be getting tons more from this extended. Also, why does out show I hav ben off charge for 1hr when I clearly unplugged it more than 9 hours ago?