• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Extended Battery Drain

Volsdude

Lurker
Aug 16, 2010
I just bought the extended battery for my Droid X yesterday and put it on charge for three hours last night and then at bedtime. I got up this morning with a "charged" battery. I used the phone a little today but not alot. By 7 pm CST my battery was at 30%. Is this normal, I mean with the regular battery I had a better battery life span than this. Did i not charge it correctly? I will continue to look for more battery drain questions but any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks.

From what I can gather from reading and personal experience, the phone sort of builds better battery life gradually after a full discharge. Example: The first day I got mine I ran it all the way down. With it fully charged, I got 5 hours use. The next day, I got 8. The day after, I got 12.

Today I ran it down all the way again, and it's been running for 3 hours and I'm at 60%.

Upvote 0
I am on day number two with my new extended. Day one gave me only 7 hours. Right now I'm trying to deplete it for the third time and am at 30 left with 9 hours off charger. Seems to be "learning." But still not satisfied as I should be getting tons more from this extended. Also, why does out show I hav ben off charge for 1hr when I clearly unplugged it more than 9 hours ago?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones