• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Extended battery dying in 5 hours

That's crazy!! We have smartphones, don't we??!! I don't want to micromanage every feature everytime that I turn it on! What the hell is the ext battery for?

or just setup an auto scheduler?

which is what a smartphone is capable of, and you should take advantage of that.

Also, there are many other factors that might affect battery life, maybe a background app is running that you are unaware of.

Try contributing to the topic next time.

Upvote 0
or just setup an auto scheduler?

which is what a smartphone is capable of, and you should take advantage of that.

Also, there are many other factors that might affect battery life, maybe a background app is running that you are unaware of.

While I actually agree with him in this instance, he is a troll and don't feed him.

Upvote 0

Frankly, I agree with him.

I leave Bluetooth, Wifi, GPS and background data on all day.

I get regularly around 17 or so hours with it and about 2-3 hours of screen-on time.

It's a smartphone - you don't have to make it a dumbphone just to get reasonable battery life. I probably wouldn't own one if I had to turn off data all the time.

Also, as a side note, GPS uses exactly zero battery unless the GPS icon is flashing in the status bar, so that's not a feature you should micromanage. Wifi and Bluetooth both use small amounts of battery scanning for access points/devices, but both of those are steps you take to get the longest battery life possible, not to correct massive battery life problems.

Upvote 0
Yes. I don't micromanage my phone either and I, as well, consistently get a full day use out of my stock battery (I could do more but I just charge each night out of convenience). The only time I turn wifi off is if I know I'm not going to be on wifi most of the day. I leave gps turned on at all times.

On a side note, I have gotten nearly 35 hours out of my stock battery with light usage and riding wifi the majority of that time.

OP...I'm not sure what apps you can use to find out whats gobbling your battery up but I bet you have something that's doing just that.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones