1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Tips Extended battery for admire?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Toastrman, Aug 31, 2012.

1. Toastrman

Toastrman Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2012
    Hey guys. I'm looking for an extended battery for my admire. The only problem is, I really dont know what I should be searching for on google :p. Does anyone have an extended battery that can assist me? Any help would be appreciated.

Advertisement

2. nintendo4

nintendo4 Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2012
    Male
    Orlando FL
    you can try the MetroPCS store. Guy was selling it for 50 bucks (a rip off but guy got make a profit) or look on amazon its 20 bucks there.
    http://www.amazon.com/QCell-MetroPC...=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B00757FAII

3. SongSpinR

SongSpinR New Member

Aug 31, 2012
    I got one off Ebay for $13.95 including a wall charger that supposedly charges the battery when out of the phone and a new back cover to hide the fatter battery. My question is how do I install the battery in the charger? The charger has 2 contacts that move. the battery, either the original or the extended life battery that came with the charger, both have 3 contacts and the charger has a blue light illuminated when ever it is plugged in, no matter which contacts are being contacted or without a battery all together. Do I use the outside contacts, the left and center or center and right? Does anyone know? My phone will NOT recharge a battery at all. Both my parents have the same phone and I can remove my battery, put it in one of their phones and recharge it, but mine will not. I have new cords, i use the cords that my folks use that work for theirs and now I have the wall charger that didn't come with instructions. I'm a patient person but this is becoming a real drag!

4. lg5productions

lg5productions New Member

Sep 6, 2011
    Tech Support
    New Jersey/New York
    Toastrman,

I bought this recently and have been using it just about a month.

http://www.amazon.com/Aftermarket-Extended-Replacement-Faceplate-SCH-R720/dp/B005XV41L0

After following the charge, deplete completely, then charge again cycle for three movements, I can happily say it works great!. The battery does make it a bit heavier and they do provide you with a new cover, but still no luck finding an actual cover that fits the phone completely yet. I can charge it at home before bed, and leave it on till the morning and have an 85% battery left. (I also have an app that automatically saves power by shutting things down on a timer, so that also helps. GOPOWER MASTER 2.5) Then I take it into the car and use my GPS along with Bluetooth for approx 1 & 1/2 hour drive and get to about 55-60%. Pretty dang good as before I had to charge in the car after only a half hour dropping to 50% battery

Metro originally sold me a clear gel cover for the unit pre extended battery. It still covers mostly, but is a bit short on the sides where the SD card sits. It does cover the top and bottom, so I use it for now as a precautionary measure until I find something better to protect the phone in general. @ 11.98, couldn't beat the price.

Hope this helps!