• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Extended battery issues with GS3

kmorri45

Lurker
Jan 9, 2013
So I recently purchased the "YESOO-GS3 Samsung Galaxy S3 4300mAh Extended Battery" and I can't seem to get it conditioned properly.

The instructions that came with the battery told me to charge immediately for 12 hours without break (which I did) and let it discharge and repeat for 5-6 power cycles (which I did) and that I would then see the improvement in battery life (which I didn't).

For one thing, no matter how long its on the charger, once I unplug it, it immediately drops to about 86%. For another I'm not getting nearly as much use out of the phone and was advertised and I'm really not that heavy of a user. In fact, most of my depletion occurs while the screen is off and the phone not being used (standby) and I can't figure out why.
I lost about 20 percent of the battery yesterday while I was at work. The phone was in my pocket for about 8 hours and wasn't being used.

I'm hoping some of you can shed some light on this.

I have been told the the phone is trying to read the stronger batter like the 2100 mah stock battery and that's why I get the rapid drops. I think, however, that the 6 charge cycles should have corrected that. The phone should be calibrated by now?

Also, I'm not sure if this is true, but if the phone is reading my extended battery as a 2100 mah stock battery, then when the battery gauge says 100% it doesn't actually keep charging does it?

Upvote 0
I have a 4500 mah Gorilla Gadgets extended battery and my phone never showed a display of less then %100. Even on the first charge.

I think I might have had rapid drops early on from like 100% to 80% but then my phone would seem to stay at 70 percent forever and every percentage lasted longer the lower it got.

Your phone shouldn't be reading the battery as the 2100 mah because every time you remove the battery it resets its self.

Does the phone keep charging when it says 100% u asked. Good question.Not the stock battery (I don't believe), but maybe the extended battery during the conditioning.

I do remember that as I was setting up my extended battery cycles, I was told to let the phone charge an extra 4 hours after it was full. So maybe with certain batteries yes, but I think that is temporary during battery conditioning.

I still think you may have a bad battery, but maybe someone else with an idea will enter this thread.

I would defiantly do a an advanced search on this subject(If u haven't already). There are many extended battery threads.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones