1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

{Extended} Battery life 4.1.2

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by chevanlol360, Jul 10, 2013.

1. chevanlol360

chevanlol360 Android Expert

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. D34DBre4kr

D34DBre4kr Android Enthusiast

Nope is worse for me to just took it of the charger less than an hour ago already on 81

3. chevanlol360

Same, went to bed last night with it on 70 percent charge. Woke up this morning with 24 percent and it being very hot. Odd thing is, nothing was running and I had no apps open.

4. D34DBre4kr

Idk I haven't had good battery life since shinjitzu rom

5. chevanlol360

6. D34DBre4kr

But is that the largest 3rd party battery?

7. chevanlol360

yup, 1800 mAh, i believe i saw a 1900mAh once but it was on ebay and was taken down few days later, no trace whatsoever. This 1800mAh is the highest one that still being made. On amazon i saw 2X 1750 mAh extended battery with a charger and a usb cable for 30 bucks.

8. D34DBre4kr

Think they will make a gigantic one like they did for the og warp?

9. chevanlol360

naaa, Nobody knows about the sequent lol, Only the original warp gets the most love with accessories. i will say the 1800mAh is the cheapest one out of them all.

10. D34DBre4kr

Ok I'll probably very one soon because this battery life sucks

11. SuperR

SuperR Android Expert
    Recognized Developer

i agree, the battery is worse in 4.1.2. Have you seen the external battery packs? I have one that's 6000mah, has micro usb built-in, and a flashlight for around $30 on amazon. That 1800 looks nice too though lol

12. D34DBre4kr

I hope they make bigger ones

13. chevanlol360

bought me a 10k mAh small external battery pack for only 18 bucks on amazon;) no flashlight but can charge up to 2 devices at once and also comes with many small chargers for iphone, micro usb, and a round one that you would use on an old nokia phone LOL. unfortunately the battery pack is really about 7k at max but still a good deal.

14. junkie2100

junkie2100 Android Expert

15. chevanlol360

Nice find junkie, it is compatible according to a seller on amazon, i looked up the gand x t82 bats and in the description the battery is compatible with many zte phones including the sequent. the one i found though is just 1400mAh but the 4200 will fit too.

im still a bit iffy cause it says the original warp too.... check the description out http://www.amazon.com/Battery-ZTE-Mimosa-Grand-Li-ion/dp/B002NE383C/ref=pd_sim_sbs_e_2

16. junkie2100

ive found what seem to be officially licensed batteries that list one of the grandx variants as well as the sequent model numbers on the back. the 1600mAh ones you can find on ebay if im not mistaken

and i dont mean its listed on the ebay posting, its actually printed on the battery that it works in the u970 and the n861 if i remember correctly

17. junkie2100

you do always have to be careful though, ive seen people mislabel warps as sequents and try to get $130 out of them when the sequent was $99 brand new from boost and the original warp was quite a bit cheaper than that. the only way you could tell was by noticing the shape and button layout in the picture

18. chevanlol360

I won't spend anything over 30 bucks when investing in phone accessories lol. Up to about 10 bucks now with 2 cases and some reuseable screen protectors. Now it looks like I gotta find a back cover soon. The metal part that comes around the camera seems to be slowing coming off due to many battery pulls but I always take it off so gently. So watch out for that, might have just been my phone though.

19. Frank The Tank

Frank The Tank Well-Known Member

Yeah, my battery life is horrible on b09 and jb update. I ordered 2 1650 mah batteries from amazon for 14 bucks. I dont mind switching them out.

20. boricuakiller

boricuakiller Android Expert

i had the same problem i use my own ota. fix the problem

21. Robertech

Robertech Android Enthusiast

ProTip: for battery increase and less lag

Settings: developer options: background process limit

Note: this will not persist on reboot. Must do it each time.

Hope this helps someone :)

5 hours off charge and I'm currently at 72%

22. SuperR

SuperR Android Expert
    Recognized Developer

it's possible the battery drain is caused by settings in maps. I turned off all the things under location and battery seems better now.

23. chevanlol360

Yeah I disabled or deleted some apps out of the system. Alls seems back to normal and horrible like it was back on ICS lol

24. fungusAmongus

fungusAmongus Newbie

ill never understand why more companies dont make really big batteries that could add say a 1/8 inch to the overall thickness of the phone (like who really cares about that?) but quadruple the battery life under full load?

with more people using their phone as a primary computer, doesnt it make sense that people would be willing to add a little heft for super battery life?

25. boricuakiller

boricuakiller Android Expert

battery is way better i used the phone all day yesterday heavy use i mean heavy today my phone still have 10% left

ZTE Warp Sequent Forum

The ZTE Warp Sequent release date was September 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 5MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1650mAh battery.

September 2012
Release Date
Reviews