1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Accessories Extended battery not actually extended?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Emmnemms, May 24, 2011.

1. Emmnemms

Emmnemms Member
    None

Mar 26, 2011
    Hello :)
    I JUST got my android incredible yesterday and thus far, i LOVE it...
    That being said, not loving the battery life. I downloaded a battery life widget/eta and it says i have approx 11-11.5 hrs on this charge, but that estimate is the same with the seidio 1750 extended battery or with the original... Is there something i don't know about how to use an extended battery? What should i be getting?

Emm

Advertisement

2. Jedii

Jedii Android Expert
    None

May 4, 2010
    Analyst
    Arkansas
    Not sure. I had an OEM extended battery and it worked just find. I would do an actual test and see if it truly lasts longer. May just be not acting right with that widget.

3. billybob275

billybob275 Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 22, 2010
    If you haven't reset/reconfigured the battery tool, it may still have information cached from your previous battery. For it to get an accurate reading, it typically requires you to reset the stats in the app, fully charge the phone and wait until its almost dead before recharging.

Doing this a few times will allow it to monitor your usage patterns and the actual life of the battery, then it will give you an accurate estimate of remaining battery based on your usage.

4. answerman

answerman Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 20, 2010
    Appleton, WI
    The free version of BatteryLeft only allows you one battery profile if I remember right. To have it track different batteries (especially with different capacities), you have to go to the paid version.

If I remember it right. I'm old. I forget stuff.