1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Extended Battery, Now Strange Network Issues

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by m1ghtymaxXx, Jan 29, 2014.

1. m1ghtymaxXx

m1ghtymaxXx Lurker
    None

Jan 29, 2014
    Last night my Samsung 3000mah extended battery came in. I tossed it on the charger before bed then took it to work (no wifi) in the morning.

At first it seemed like there was no network connection at all, however upon closer inspection the browser still works fine. However every other app that uses a network connection doesn't work, even the clock won't read the right time and thinks it's June 28th.

The I still have the old standard battery at home to see if it that is in fact the issue, but I won't be back for a while. In the mean time, has anyone ever heard of such an issue? Is it even logical, or more likely coincidental network issue? I'm aware the battery contains the NFC antenna, but I have a Samsung battery that explicitly contains that antenna. Even then it doesn't seem like that would have any effect on the 4G network.

BTW I'm with Virgin Mobile in Newfoundland Canada. Phone is running Android 4.3

Edit: Forget to mention, texts don't seem to work either. I received 2 as the phone was on the charger with the new battery, but I'm unable to send texts. Once you hit send the message disappears, doesn't show up as unsent or anything.

Advertisement

2. m1ghtymaxXx

m1ghtymaxXx Lurker
    None

Jan 29, 2014
    Alright, so I can chalk this up as a coincidence. :eek:

I just manually reset the time, date and year (tried the time already, hadn't noticed the phone was set for June 28th 2012). As soon as was done everything sprang back to life. Problem solved!

3. Muilisx

Muilisx Android Expert
    None

Jan 7, 2011
    Male
    Owner of Dogs On Wheels
    Long Island, NY
    Can u post the link to the battery you bought?

4. m1ghtymaxXx

m1ghtymaxXx Lurker
    None

Jan 29, 2014
    Muilisx likes this.