• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Extended battery opinions...

D

Deleted User

I am a brand new HTC Vivid owner. For the last 8 months I have been using the Samsung Galaxy S2. When a friend offered me his slightly used HTC Vivid for a decent price I had to take it. Two things are are significantly different with the Vivid. First, the internet speeds are significantly faster with the LTE... very nice. Second, on a sadder note, the battery is significantly worse, which is somewhat expected when using a device with LTE. I am just looking for options as far as extended batteries. Here are the ones that caught my eye on Amazon.

1) http://www.amazon.com/Hyperion-Battery-Charger-Compatible-Raider/dp/B0062D7GS8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1340682008&sr=8-1&keywords=htc+vivid+extended+battery

2) http://www.amazon.com/GTMax-Capacity-Extended-Replacement-Microfiber/dp/B006VAP102/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1340682008&sr=8-3&keywords=htc+vivid+extended+battery

If anyone has an opinion on either of these options, I would love to hear them, and if there are any write-in candidates, I would appreciate that as well. Thanks. :D

I just got the HTC Raider which is the international version of the Vivid and I wanted to know about battery options too.. I was on XDA but everytime they talk about the extended batteries they mention that the back cover is cheap and always breaks off.. I love my extended battery but if the back comes off and I have nothing to cover it with I will be forced to go back to stock battery. So tell me how yours turn out.

Upvote 0
Just received the extended battery in the mail today. Obviously, it's pretty hard to tell how good the battery life is so far, but that wasn't the real issue because I know its going to be around double the life. The issue was that the door was flimsy and cheap. Yes, it is plastic, but the one they sent me seems to be a fairly hard, non-flimsy, plastic. It was a pain in the ass getting it on, but now that it is on, it feels very stable, not loose at all. The only negative that I would say is that there is a small gap between the bottom of the door and the phone. Still fits snug. I will let you know if my opinion changes after a little use, but for now I would give this product a thumbs up :thumb:
wirelessmike21-albums-htc-vivid-picture6457-img00078-20120702-2143.jpg

wirelessmike21-albums-htc-vivid-picture6456-img00077-20120702-2142.jpg

wirelessmike21-albums-htc-vivid-picture6458-img00079-20120702-2143.jpg

Reactions: bruce73 and MetalX2
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones