1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

General Extended battery options?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jpm, Dec 24, 2008.

1. jpm

jpm New Member

Dec 24, 2008
    So now that G1 has been out for few months what's the consensus on extended battery?

Any good ones, etc?

Thanks

Advertisement

2. jpm

jpm New Member

Dec 24, 2008
    anybody? i mean c'mon the 1150 amp battery is a joke on the phone...surely someone has investigated getting an extended battery.

3. markinct

markinct Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2008
    Hartford, CT
    Another android site is reporting a rumor that T-Mo/HTC will send current G1 owners a new battery:

http://www.googleandblog.com/g1-battery-replacement-from-tmobile/3484/

I have no idea if the above site is reputable, etc. I've been looking for a replacement battery myself. I have seen a 1600mAh battery on the interwebs, but I'm waiting till I pay off other bills to start adding accessories... :D

4. markinct

markinct Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2008
    Hartford, CT
  5. GeoUSA

GeoUSA Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2008
    Director of IT
    I called T-Mobile via 611 this morning to inquire if the free battery upgrade was going to happen and was transferred to Blackberry/PDA support. The rep I spoke with did confirm that the manufacturer (whoever that is - HTC?) will be sending out a more powerful battery for free to T-Mobile's G1 customers. She did not have a target date for the shipment.

In the meantime, T-Mobile is sending me a new, regular battery. Santa did bring me a docking station with the ability to charge an extra battery, so this is a very welcome addition. Last night I was at a lengthy concert with no ability to recharge. I was not using the phone for photos or "fun" stuff and eventually just shut it off in case I needed to make a phone call later.

I rarely turn on GPS or Blutooth. I am looking forward to the stronger battery.

6. derkk

derkk Active Member

Nov 19, 2008

I have purchased, off Ebay, a cradle to dock the phone AND charge an extra battery. I've also purchased an extra battery charger that plugs direction into an outlet and has a USB inlet to charge the phone as well.

I keep a recharged battery on hand all the time.

I also recently purchased the 2200Mah battery with the extended door. The phone is a lot thicker, but I figured it would be nice for plane rides or situations where I won't want/be able to switch the battery. I won't buy from fommy.com, so hoping that other people start carrying the supposed 1600 slimline extended battery that doesn't require a new back.

7. GeoUSA

GeoUSA Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2008
    Director of IT
    1600 mah slimline sounds like a good way to go. I am hoping this is what will be sent to owners for free. It sort of fits with the rumor circulating that the free stronger battery will be about 20% more powerful...

8. chosun

chosun Member

Oct 21, 2008
    Ok, it's a bit off-topic, but I had the Power Manager application installed (and activated) the other day, and found that my battery only lasted for like 5 hrs a day. Once I deleted the application, my battery life jumped significantly. I think the app might be checking the battery levels continually and not allowing the phone to sleep.

Tags: