1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tips Extended battery or protective case

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by thedrinkingcro, May 2, 2012.

1. thedrinkingcro

None

Mar 30, 2012
    Hello all, i need options and help to what direction a person would go in a situation like myself on debating which way to go towards to , i already have 2 cases i got the flip case i got at at&t and also got a fake looking otter box case from amazon , i try to be careful with my devices but i rather be safe then sorry , so i was trying to find a combo mix of a extended battery and a case to fit around it..like seidio produce for HTC EVO with which i bought for a little bit over 100 dollars but worth the price , it was a heavy duty case with belt clip and 5000 extended battery ...i have had no luck finding something like this for the US version note .. i do need extended battery because my work situation i work outside .. but need some type of case to take impact if it falls.. so right now im doing a case but my battery dies before work day is over and all my settings are kept normal like wifi off gps off screen is high because of the sun is bright outside cant really see screen when dim , i do use juice defender and it works somewhat but ive notice it cuts off my ratios? and i dont get any type of updates like no incoming email or notifications i assume to prevent battery from dying faster.. but did messed with the settings and google it and re adjusted the settings on the juice defender app.. but still no luck.. i feel like luck and i are strangers when it comes down to situations like this , so if anyone knows of a combo extended battery with case or have any advice on battery i would appreciate any type of help and support , thank you all in advance for your help

Advertisement

2. perpetualjon

perpetualjon Member
    None

May 26, 2012
    Southern California
    Finally someone with the same dilemma I've been dealing with for years!! Actually for this phone there is a solution...

The Hyperion brand extended battery also offers what looks like either a plastic or rubber case.

Here's a link to the item on Amazon.

I've had this problem all the way back to my Blackberry days and had to do some absolutely crazy hacks to get a case for a phone with an extended battery included.... The fact is that now days I keep my phone in my shirt pocket and with all the sliding in and out I just can afford to use a rubbery surface as it would bind on my shirt fabric so no cover for me anymore! Good luck and please be sure to share your impressions on this if you get it...

3. thedrinkingcro

None

Mar 30, 2012

Hey thanks for the link, i actually saw a video review for this case but the guy cut a whole on the back of the case to use it with the extended battery the mugen and the back cover comes with a kick stand for the extended battery so the guy made a custom slip on the back of the case for the kick stand .... but i just received my case
    Amazon.com: Seidio BD2-HK3SSGNT-GL ACTIVE Combo for Samsung Galaxy Note - Combo Pack - Retail Packaging - Glossed White: Cell Phones & Accessories

its nice looking but it feels cheap and the kickstand wiggles and does not feel firm ... so i might order the mugen batteryhttp://www.amazon.com/Mugen-Extended-Battery-Samsung-Galaxy/dp/B007Z711MM/ref=sr_1_3?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1338085922&sr=1-3

and order the case that you provided me the link for , which i thank you.. and cut the slip on the back for the kickstand ... but yea il post pics of the case and pictures and if i find the video on youtube of the same case you provided the link il post it ..thank you again for the info.. BTW are you using extended battery or case at the moment?

4. perpetualjon

perpetualjon Member
    None

May 26, 2012
    Southern California
    I just ordered the Hyperion 5000mAh extended battery but am still considering if I'll bother with a case or not. The problem is that I carry my Note in my shirt pocket and I think the case would bind on the fabric when sliding it in or out. Still, I just got this phone a week ago and haven't decided on the perfect combination yet...