• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Extended Battery Question

Mskgreenel

Android Enthusiast
Mar 31, 2010
ATL
www.youtube.com
Hey Y'all! I just got my Thunderbolt a few days ago and I knew that the battery life wouldn't be that great. I'm highly interested in getting an extended battery or a battery with more "juice".
This may sound weird but I was wondering if there was a hump-less extended battery?
I love my TBolt but I have small hands and I held a TBolt with an extended hump battery at the VZW store and it's cutting it close in size. Since I can't make my hand bigger do I have any options??? I have 3 Incredible batteries laying around but of course they aren't compatible and I knew that before I made the switch.
Thanks in Advance - Ms. Small Hands :(

This Guy has no trouble with the extended battery
the-science-of-sleep-had-some-big-hands-30726-1237324696-15.jpg

Reactions: Mskgreenel
Upvote 0
I spent the $60+ on the extended battery. But you honestly don't even need it if you just root your phone. The main reason I rooted was because I found out that VZW stock apps known as bloatware were causing most of the battery drain. When you root, you can easily and safely freeze these apps and your battery life will instantly increase.
If you're interested in rooting, I would use thunderboltforums.com. their mods and rescue squad will make the process simple and easy

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I'm not ready to root yet. My TBolt is just a baby. It took me me a few months to root my Incredible. The I need to study and be 100% confident before I root. I've only had the phone for a few days. My battery life was so much better on my Incredible rooted with CM7

If you do decide to root, apparently you have to do it before the next OTA update
Actually I think the OTA is already available....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones