• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Extended Battery Test...

ckar

Feb 16, 2010
San Diego
Ok...Got the extended battery the other day, and have gone through a couple of cycles with it. Charged it all night, then "bump charged" this morning. Gonna see how much time I can get out of it. Perfomance is set to Normal. My one obstacle is the horrible cell service here at my house. I'm starting to think that that is really the biggest consumer of power for me. Anyone have any experience with the Verizon network extender in their home? Thanks.

Thanks for the info. I have had all mail notifications off. I did go in and make the changes you suggest with regard to push, etc. I am at 13hrs 18min and just went into the yellow. I had the phone on Normal power all day (no 4G). I also used the task manager to kill stuff a couple of times. I turned off background date about half way through the afternoon, which made an obvious improvement on my power curve.

Upvote 0
Why not use the phone as you typically would, without killing any background data or without using 4G? I'd say getting a larger battery on a powerhouse phone and using it sparingly is akin to buying a Ferrari and slapping a supercharger on it but only driving 30 MPH. I'd rather hear how the larger battery gets you through a normal day personally.

Upvote 0
I hear what you're saying, but I just wanted to get a bare bones baseline before I open it up. My experience so far has been less than I would have liked. My phone just went into the yellow at just over 13 hours. This is with very moderate use, no 4G, and no auto syncing. When I look at the battery stats and click Display (which accounts for 55% of the battery use) it has a Time on of only 1h 3m 36s. REALLY?!! The next level of usage is Cell standby at 12% with 0% time without a signal. Wifi and Phone idle were next at 11% each. I have my display set at about 1/4 brightness. Anyway...is this acceptable/normal battery drain, or should I seriously consider an exchange? Thanks for any help with this decision.:)

Upvote 0
My performance is similar to yours....just think if you were using the regular battery. I used mine quite alot today. CPU total in Android OS 15 minutes, screen time, 5 hours (yikes!). I put it back on the charger after about 13 hours. Bad service can really kill your battery but since you have 0% time without a signal, you could be doing much worse.

Reactions: ckar
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones