• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

extended battery users

I pulled the phone out of the bedside cradle charger at 9:15 a.m the day before yesterday. At 9:15 a.m. today it was at 20% (17% according to circle battery widget, great app btw).

This was under moderate use (some e-mailing, texting, web surfing, playing a couple of games and several phone calls) on 3G (no 4G here yet), which is pretty much "normal use" for me. Screen is set to timeout at 1 minute. So I got an honest 48 hours out of the extended battery under my normal conditions. Two hours and 15 minutes into the recharge cycle and the battery is now at 81%.

Overall, I am very pleased with the extended battery. I think the performance more than makes up for the added size and weight. In fact, I find the phone easier to hold while talking with the extended battery. My second battery is due to arrive tomorrow.

Upvote 0
I pulled the phone out of the bedside cradle charger at 9:15 a.m the day before yesterday. At 9:15 a.m. today it was at 20% (17% according to circle battery widget, great app btw).

This was under moderate use (some e-mailing, texting, web surfing, playing a couple of games and several phone calls) on 3G (no 4G here yet), which is pretty much "normal use" for me. Screen is set to timeout at 1 minute. So I got an honest 48 hours out of the extended battery under my normal conditions. Two hours and 15 minutes into the recharge cycle and the battery is now at 81%.

Overall, I am very pleased with the extended battery. I think the performance more than makes up for the added size and weight. In fact, I find the phone easier to hold while talking with the extended battery. My second battery is due to arrive tomorrow.

Can you describe your moderate usage some more? Wifi/Bluetooth on and being used? LTE or 3G etc? My average discharge rate from Battery Monitor Widget shows roughly 21 hours. A full charge takes about 11 lol eeep.

Upvote 0
Can you describe your moderate usage some more? Wifi/Bluetooth on and being used? LTE or 3G etc? My average discharge rate from Battery Monitor Widget shows roughly 21 hours. A full charge takes about 11 lol eeep.

Sure. I'm running 3G (no 4G service here yet), have wifi & GPS off. Have the phone set to synch my google account (g-Mail, contacts, and calendar), and to fetch mail on my Hotmail and Fastmail accounts every 30 minutes. I used the phone for texting, web surfing, played some games (angry birds, solitaire and jewels), and made several phone calls. Used apps to check news and weather.
It took about 3.5 hours to completely recharge the battery from 17%. Hope this helps!

Upvote 0
Sure. I'm running 3G (no 4G service here yet), have wifi & GPS off. Have the phone set to synch my google account (g-Mail, contacts, and calendar), and to fetch mail on my Hotmail and Fastmail accounts every 30 minutes. I used the phone for texting, web surfing, played some games (angry birds, solitaire and jewels), and made several phone calls. Used apps to check news and weather.
It took about 3.5 hours to completely recharge the battery from 17%. Hope this helps!

Perfect! This is the kind of field report I like to see ;) I tend to get about a day myself on 3g only, (We get LTE but on an extended battery it will drain you to zero in 8 hours just on standby with NO use ouch) with moderate use. I keep gmail synced always and that's the only account really. Twitter is only when I load the app. Facebook syncs all the time too but the drain is minimal I've noticed. I usually keep bluetooth always on just 'cause unless I know I'm going to be somewhere like NYC etc where I won't be using it. My car has the BT built in so nothing is better than jumping in the car and having it auto-connect etc.

I'm THINKING of that JuiceDefender or perhaps Tasker so that i can set things like the Bluetooth and Wifi to either go ON at certain times (like my commute or while I'm at work) etc.

Upvote 0
Perfect! This is the kind of field report I like to see ;) I tend to get about a day myself on 3g only, (We get LTE but on an extended battery it will drain you to zero in 8 hours just on standby with NO use ouch) with moderate use. I keep gmail synced always and that's the only account really. Twitter is only when I load the app. Facebook syncs all the time too but the drain is minimal I've noticed. I usually keep bluetooth always on just 'cause unless I know I'm going to be somewhere like NYC etc where I won't be using it. My car has the BT built in so nothing is better than jumping in the car and having it auto-connect etc.

I'm THINKING of that JuiceDefender or perhaps Tasker so that i can set things like the Bluetooth and Wifi to either go ON at certain times (like my commute or while I'm at work) etc.

Glad I was able to help!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones