• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Extended battery

Holy ugliness, Batman....

Batman-Robin-Photograph.jpg

Upvote 0
I know, I ordered it and could not believe how HUGE and square and lame it is. Samsung makes an awesome slim phone and than can't come up with a slim extended battery like the motorola droid x. I can use the same back on the x with the extended battery.

Smasung whats up with that???? LAME

Upvote 0
I know, I ordered it and could not believe how HUGE and square and lame it is. Samsung makes an awesome slim phone and than can't come up with a slim extended battery like the motorola droid x. I can use the same back on the x with the extended battery.

Smasung whats up with that???? LAME
Yeah I'd send it back or get a refund and search for ways to maximize the existing 1500mah one. Most of us can make it a full work day on the stock battery, especially with a bit of tweaking. And/or get a second regular size battery. And/or get some extra chargers.

Upvote 0
Seidio plans to release slim extended (1600 mah) and 3000 mah extended battery with door for Fascinate next week (week of 12/8).

Good to know. As of a few days ago, when you clicked on Fascinate at your site, the (apparently) wrong battery was listed:

seidioonline.com

In case anyone wants the correct link, here it is:
seidioonline.com

It might help if you included the phone model in your product names or at least descriptions.

Either way, I plan on getting one of these.

Upvote 0
Question: Here's a page on E-Bay selling 2 1500mAH batteries with charger. Only $10 with free shipping.

Is this the right battery for the Fascinate?

2x 1500mAh Battery & Charger For Samsung i9000 Galaxy S - eBay (item 280586687811 end time Dec-08-10 10:42:35 PST)

Just want to make sure, because this is the perfect solution for me. Most of the time, I don't range far enough away from a charger to care, but I go on business trips 5 or 6 times a year. Carrying one or two extra batteries is all I need and this costs nothing.

Upvote 0
Question: Here's a page on E-Bay selling 2 1500mAH batteries with charger. Only $10 with free shipping.

Is this the right battery for the Fascinate?

2x 1500mAh Battery & Charger For Samsung i9000 Galaxy S - eBay (item 280586687811 end time Dec-08-10 10:42:35 PST)

Just want to make sure, because this is the perfect solution for me. Most of the time, I don't range far enough away from a charger to care, but I go on business trips 5 or 6 times a year. Carrying one or two extra batteries is all I need and this costs nothing.

Looks awful dang close. Hard to be sure. They are the same mwh and voltage. Looks like the 3 contacts are even in the same place. Hard to know how much Verizon had samsung change thought. There are considerable hardware differences (aside from screen and processor) between the different carriers' variants in the U.S. And it's really a shame. I love it when manufacturers and service providers make life more costly and much more complicated than it needs to be.

Upvote 0
That's horrible. I had an extended battery on my Droid 2, the OEM Motorola one.

WITH the back cover on, it added ONLY 2mm of thickness, you could barely tell it was there, but it added like 500mAh.

I was going to get one for my Fascinate, but now after seeing this, it's rediculous looking.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones