1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tips Extended Battery

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by MikeMBau, Apr 3, 2011.

1. MikeMBau

MikeMBau Member
    None

Mar 27, 2011
    Student
    Colorado
    So earlier I saw on some thread that people with either the EVO or the Incredible would call either HTC or Verizon and complain about battery life and hang up with a free extended life battery headed their way. Anybody know about this at all, and if it works for Thunderbolt?

Also anybody know of a case that fits the extended battery? I am kinda obsessed about having my phone in a case. I'm OCD like that.

Advertisement

2. WormDoes

WormDoes Android Expert
    None

Aug 8, 2010
    Sales
    Massachusetts
    I'm not going to encourage trying to get something for free from HTC or Verizon based on forum hearsay, but currently there are no cases available that fit the extended battery.

redraider1 likes this.
  3. redraider1

None

Mar 15, 2011
    i wish they would have just made an 1800mah battery and shipped it stock with the phone.

4. chuck2530

chuck2530 Member
    None

Mar 30, 2010
    Can anyone with the extended battery tell me how much longer it last than the standard battery. With the Eris i got the 3500 extended battery which lasted at least a full day with a lot of usage but couldn't find a case to fit it. But i want to get a nice case to fit this phone so im looking at the 1800.

Thanks

5. medic552

medic552 Newbie
    None

Mar 23, 2011
    SWAT Paramedic
    PA
    I have the extended battery use the device very hard and get about 16 he's out of it. Also with some needle nose pliers and a sharp box cutter I was able to alter my slide in case and it fits very snug.

6. Cavemansol

Cavemansol Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 1, 2010
    Seattle Wa
  7. tekonus

tekonus Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 15, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    I did some research before going to get my TB and saw everyone was complaining about battery life. I figured I would pick it up with the extended battery and do some tests. I've only had the phone about 3 days and have had the extended battery in it since I brought it home. It is 2750 mAH and quite large. It makes the phone a good 1/3rd thicker and about twice as heavy.

Normally this would make me go "screw that" and return it. After 3 days of playing with the phone pretty constantly (being a new phone and all) I have yet to plug it in at the end of the night (usually between 9-11pm) with less than 60% battery left. That is pretty impressive to me. I haven't, however, used the regular battery yet.

I am quite curious when I switch it back in what my battery life will be like. If I can make it through the average work day without going below 40% I might return the extended battery. I had to go all over the place to find a leather belt holster that would fit this monster with the bigger battery. The Droid X holster wasn't thick enough, and no one offered any normal option for it. I ended up finding some knock-off $15 leather holster with elastic sides at my local flea market that fits it pretty perfectly. I just hope it holds up.

8. MikeMBau

MikeMBau Member
    None

Mar 27, 2011
    Student
    Colorado
    The only issue I have with those is taking the back cover off repeatedly...
    Between having a case and the fact that the back cover is extremely difficult to get off, I would personally opt for the extended battery.

But it would be nice to not add any additional bulk.