• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

extended battery

It takes my battery , any battery for that matter forever to charge, stock battery from under 20% is atleast 6 hrs , the extended is taking 15 hrs to charge full from about 10 % , how long is it taking you guys to charge your batteries ?

Mine charges at about 5% every 10 minutes. I've heard that's the standard charge rate... as long as it's plugged into a car or wall charger that is.

Upvote 0
You need a 2 amp charger for fast charging. USB or low current charger will be slow.

Also, if the phone is working hard such as Google maps navigation or streaming video while charging, charge time will increase.

I have a wall charger that plugs directly into the wall socket. There is no difference in charging time when I charge the battery when its in the phone. Anyways, I really believe it takes way to long.

Upvote 0
It takes my battery , any battery for that matter forever to charge, stock battery from under 20% is atleast 6 hrs , the extended is taking 15 hrs to charge full from about 10 % , how long is it taking you guys to charge your batteries ?

I have a wall charger that plugs directly into the wall socket. There is no difference in charging time when I charge the battery when its in the phone. Anyways, I really believe it takes way to long.

Yeah, that's not normal. I ran my Extended Battery down until my phone shut off (on purpose, to calibrate battery). Charged to full in about 3.5 hours.

Are you on a custom ROM or kernel or are you completely unrooted stock?

Upvote 0
Wow I'm getting nowhere near those levels...I've got the extended battery installed since Day 1.

I don't use it too much during the day, but it is activated on Exchange Activesync. (I use Touchdown since it's more robust) However this is a push feature not pull so not sure why I pull so much battery time with little screen time during the day. This particular Tbolt is my work phone, I use the X for my personal. I almost never make it from 7 to 5pm with full battery :L

Upvote 0
Seidio has a few now, this one in particular I'm interested in (don't have the extended battery yet, personally, but definitely thinking about it). I bought the blue Active X case for my t-bolt a few weeks ago and I absolutely love it! I held off on getting the extended battery for there being a lack of any real good cases... however, may have to pull the trigger on both of these now :D

Upvote 0
Also, question for those who are rocking the extended battery... did you go with the one from Verizon (2750mAh) or the Seidio one (which is supposedly 3200mAh)? I've heard quite mixed reviews about batteries not being rated at their advertised values, but anyway. I was just curious, I'm guessing most went with the 2750?

Upvote 0
I just got the htc 2750mA extended battery. I can't comment on the performance yet.

While it"s true the phone does not look as cool, it"s not as bad as it looks in pictures and I assume the additional performance will be worth the added bother and the loss of the cool look.

My main concern at the moment is docking to the car jig.

Posted with my Thundwebolt

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones