1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Tips Extended Battery?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jorgejacs12, Apr 17, 2012.

1. jorgejacs12

jorgejacs12 Member

Apr 17, 2012
    Hi! I also have the Samsung Galaxy Attain 4G, and as I am really happy with this phone (it is my first smartphone), I was wondering if there is something that could be done talking about the battery. I've seen online extended batteries for this phone like:

Extended Battery with Battery Door for Samsung Galaxy Attain 4G

or

Hyperion Samsung Galaxy Attain 4G 3500mAh Extended Battery + Back Cover | eBay

and I was wondering if other people have bought them and how did that work out? As I have felt my phone suddenly get warm, is there anything I should be warned before I go ahead and buy one of these extended batteries?

Advertisement

2. ChiweN

ChiweN Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Network Administrator
    Detroit, Michigan
    I've held off on these. I get great battery life by turning off 4g when I don't need it on the stock battery. The phone is just so sleek I can't bring myself to having to add a fat battery and new door :(

3. versatilegirl

versatilegirl Member

Apr 18, 2012
    Dallas
    Hii jorgejacs12 and ChiWen

hey i too have samsung galaxy Attain 4g n i just love it. the only problem i faced was my battery used to die real soon and i had to charge it almost 2-3 times a day. i bought battery from ebay n trust me the Mah which they mention was totally fake. i bought a bttery from Ontrion tried n tested n i just charge my phone for 2-3 hours and i m done for almost 2 days. you can visit the link
    Samsung Attain R920 Extended Battery

believe me you will thank me for this.

4. pcflip

pcflip Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    how are you turning off your 4g? which app are you using? I tried 4g toggle and it didnt work for the Attain so if you can tell me which app your using or how your doing it that would be great so I can pass this info along to a friend of mine who has this phone.

5. dadcup

dadcup Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2012
    i want to know if you buy that battery you need to change your cover for the phone like the one the protect the phone

6. dadcup

dadcup Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2012
    and if anyone the buy in ebay tell how long they last

7. dadcup

dadcup Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2012
    Well i got my new battery today test so far good but i had to cut my case protector it fit well a little black tape a done see now how long last

8. jorgejacs12

jorgejacs12 Member

Apr 17, 2012
    hello all, just to let everyone know I did ended up buying the extended battery and it is so much better in the matter of endurance, it depends on the usage but now I can go through the day with some usage, the bad thing is that it doesnt look as pretty as before, for people asking about the cover, the battery I bought came with a new cover, not as good as the last one but Im happy I have more time with this new battery:D

9. jorgejacs12

jorgejacs12 Member

Apr 17, 2012
    Hey I am using the Power Toggles app, when you download it you need to set it as a widget, remove one toggle and add the 3G(GPRS mobile data) toggle, you finish and you should have the toggle on the screen, just press it to turn on/off:smokingsomb: