1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Accessories Extended/Extra Battery vs. Juice Pack.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by nickreich, Jun 26, 2010.

1. nickreich

nickreich Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2010
    Lifeguard
    Orlando, Florida
    I've been using the ZaqqSparq to provide supplemental power to my BB Storm (I'm waiting for July 12th) and it works great especially when I'm out and it dies or if I forget to charge it the night before.

My question is, why is everyone here jumping to Extended batteries when these juice packs are more versatile. My Zaqq thing doubles as a phone charger, supplemental power, ipod charger, and even my friends can use it when they are in a battery bind.

You don't have to spend 100 bucks on the Zagg one, there are many on the market.

Advertisement

2. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2010
    Accountant and semi-pro poker player
    Upstate NY
    The same reason people just don't grab $5 batteries off eBay. They don't want to be bothered by carrying something extra around with them.

Sent from my HTC Incredible using Tapatalk Pro.

3. DustinF00

DustinF00 Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2010
    BINGO...

I might want a travel power box when I am traveling, like on the plane, when I won't be able to charge. But thats it.

If I am headed out to work or going to be in the field for a while. I do NOT need to be carrying around extra stuff, extended battery is the way to go for me...

4. nickreich

nickreich Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2010
    Lifeguard
    Orlando, Florida
    What do you do for work? There are such things as drawers, glove boxes, and backpacks. The thing doesn't have to stay in your pocket.

5. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2010
    Accountant and semi-pro poker player
    Upstate NY
    I keep a spare battery in my wallet.. and no, it's not a George Castanza wallet.

Sent from my HTC Incredible using Tapatalk Pro.

6. teufeltexan

teufeltexan Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2010
    Paramedic
    TEXAS, y'all!
    Just wanted an all inclusive package with no fuss.

The extended batt fills that need for me. Phone is in my pocket for 24 hours at a time (unless it's in my hand). I've got enough equipment to carry around in the course of my duties - a smart phone is supposed to simplify my life, not extend the logistics train...

I charge it, I use it, I plug it in if it gets low (usually after a shift when I go to bed). That's it. No cables/boxes/extra gear to haul around...

7. DustinF00

DustinF00 Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2010

I'm in IT, mobile devices management and support for full time and a weekend warrior photographer.

I have a lot of gear, added power supplies is not something else I want to worry about. I have a charger at my desk, a charger in the car and when I am out I want the phone to last.

So the "juice boxes" aren't something else I want to be carrying around considering theres a lot of other gear already without a nice place.

That was all I was getting at.

8. DroidPower

DroidPower Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2009
    i have the energizer xp2000 and 8000 (computer/phone) Energizer