• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

extending droid eris battery life

do you know how to extend the droid eris battery life? im sure that everyone has a lot of forums on this but im new to this website and i dont really know how to find what im looking for so if anyone could please give me some tips i would appreciate it. :)
Mine used to do that to.
1. You can install advanced task killer

2.Put screen to backlight never.,And manually turn it off with end key.

Upvote 0
Task Killers aren't going to have a huge impact on your battery life unless you have an application that isn't shutting down right. (Some argue that it even makes it worse.) Personally, I noticed virtually no difference between using ATK and not.

Some obvious tips:
Turn off GPS/WiFi/Bluetooth when you aren't using them
Turn down the screen brightness
Alter the rates at which applications check for updates

I'd also suggest checking what is using your battery in the settings menu. If you live in an area with poor signal, that will kill your battery. You could also root your phone and set it to underclock when the processor isn't in use.

There's also the option of purchasing an extended battery such as those from seidio.
http://www.seidioonline.com/category-s/3982.htm

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones