• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

External Charge Indicator

Beer Baron

May 5, 2010
NJ
I just bought a TF for my fiance for Christmas, and I want to have it charged up so that she (and I) can use it right away when I give it to her. I'm new to tablets in general, so I don't know if there's any kind of notification LED (like on my phone) that would indicate that it's fully charged. There doesn't appear to be one. I suppose I could just turn it on, but kind of wanted her to be the first one to use it.

This is kind of a dumb question, but does anybody know?

You (and she) will love your new TF! :)

You're correct, there is no external indicator for charging. You have to turn it on and check the battery icon in the notification area.

I'd suggest fully charging, then completely powering it down (long press the power button) before wrapping it. That way you'll know for sure it will be fully charged when it's unwrapped.

Unused it will hold a charge for several days, but 'off' will give you a fully charged battery on the big day.

Reactions: Beer Baron
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones