• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories external fold up keyboards for desire HD

codral

Sep 12, 2010
Anyone know if theres any that are compatible with the Desire HD?

I've been looking around and am getting conflicting reports on whether they work with android phones at all...

I want a silicone fold up one ideally, not necessarily bluetooth, can be USB connected... any ideas? Found one that claims to work on some android phones but it's like $120 and massive

no i get cha now, but I personally havent seen any that works ok with Android at all...think it was mentioned in the past sometime last year? maybe its something that may need to be added in the next version of Andy OS i.e. support for external keyboards? *shrugs*

...so sorry i cant be much help there!

Upvote 0
Igo stowaway doesn't work, don't think the dhd's got the right drivers for any for that matter.
Its not an android thing, the dell streak has bt keyboard support for the stowaway amongst others, other android phones too.

Bt support is the only real big let down on this phone for me.

Upvote 0
Not too sure if it will work, but maybe there's a possibility of clubbing one of the portable keyboards through this nifty new addition that was recently ported for the Desire HD (news came out 2 days ago to be precise :D)
It does support USB input devices not to mention a whole lot more! Check it out yourself.

USB Host Driver Ported To Desire HD, USB Devices Rejoice! | xda-developers

Cheers,
AndroidFreud.

Upvote 0
I'm now running a gb cyanogen rom (7 - rc3) & all my bt devices now work flawlessly - motorola bt stereo headphones, bt earpiece, igo foldaway bt keyboard, nokia car kit.
The latter 2 never worked at all on 2.2 or 2.2.1, the first 2 intermittent connection.

So i assume the offical gb will have full bt support too, which is only around the corner i believe...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones