1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support external micro sd media issues

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by CRABThinker, Jun 5, 2011.

1. CRABThinker

CRABThinker Lurker
    None

Jun 5, 2011
    Hey guys i just got my new infuse a little over a week ago making it my first smart phone and android device and im super happy with it. However i just got a 32gb micro sd card to replace the 2gb one it came with and im having issuse with it. Before i got the new sd card i had been putting all my videos and music on my internal memory with ease and no issues at all. But now for some reason when i try to put media on to the new external card it seems to copy fine and then after i unplug it from my computer my music/video apps dont find the files and when i plug it back it back into the computer all of the files have moved from where i originally put them to the LOST.dir folder and have some weird thumbnails with 0s and 1s. Ive tried syncing with media monkey, winamp, and just using windows explorer to see if it makes a difference but it doesnt. However all of the transfer methods i just listed all work fine with the internal storage. Does anyone have any idea whats going on or if im doing something wrong?

Advertisement

2. sitlet

None

Apr 11, 2010
    Sounds like a bad card. Let me guess, you bought it from ebay?

DiggerG and CRABThinker like this.
  3. CRABThinker

CRABThinker Lurker
    None

Jun 5, 2011
    Yea i got it from ebay its at 32gb sandisk. So you think i just need a new card?

4. Usta

Usta Android Expert
    None

Jul 8, 2010
    The Netherlands
    It is probably a fake SD card (ebay+32MB Sandisk...).
    Run H2testw.exe on PC to check the card: H2testw

CRABThinker likes this.
  5. sitlet

None

Apr 11, 2010
    Yep, NEVER buy memory cards off ebay, they are always fakes. Its so easy to take a 2gb card, and paint on a 3 to make it look like 32gb. Always buy from an authorized retailer like Newegg.com.

6. sweeds

sweeds Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 5, 2010
    I just went through this process. Run the aforementioned program h2testw asap.

I bought a 32 micro SD HC card off eBay. The seller had all positive feedback. Got the memory card and turns out its only 1Gb large. (I first noticed when only the A's showed from my music selection!)

Got a full refund, including shipping, and bought another card from Newegg. It's worth the extra dollars to buy from an authorized retailer. Plus, Newegg is extremely competitive in price and always has had the reliable customer service behind.

Contact the seller on eBay and go Newegg. Hopefully you get it your money back without involving the eBay police

CRABThinker likes this.