1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

External Microphone?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Troglodad, Sep 14, 2011.

1. Troglodad

Troglodad Member

I would like to use an external microphone with my captivate- is that possible. I can't seem to get it to work. I'm currently trying to capture audio from an external source, via a double male cable in the headphone jack of the external source and the input/output jack of the Captivate. Nothing. (I want to convert an analog source to digital, just to have on the phone- it's easy to do with a PC, so I was going to try doing it with the phone).

Do I need a special cable- maybe some kind of splitter that would give me an external microphone but still let me use headphones? The headphones that came with the phone have a microphone for phone calls, so I imagien the phone can do this... I just need to figure out how to connect it.

2. Troglodad

Troglodad Member

Haven't tried this yet... but I'm wondering... if I use the apple 3.5 to composite cable that lets me watch my phone on an external monitor... but connect it to a composite-to-female-3.5, wouldn't that let me connect an external microphone?

What's the pinout on the Captivate's 3.5mm port?

Samsung Captivate Forum

The Samsung Captivate release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Hummingbird processor, and 1500mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews