1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Accessories External MicroSD card not being recognized

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Maya_k, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Maya_k

Maya_k New Member

Sep 4, 2012
    Chicago
    Hi I just got the Samsung Captivate and I would like to save my media files on an external MicroSD card. The only problem is the phone does not recognize it at all. I have used the same card in an another phone and it works fine. At start up, it says removed external SD card. I am not sure if that means anything. It recognizes the internal SD card just fine. I am trying to upgrade my firmware from 2.1 to 2.2 and it was recommended for me to back up all the data. Do I even need an external SD card since it has an internal one? I didn't want to risk it so I went ahead and tried to put everything on the external one. I have backed up my sms using an app and my contacts using gmail sync. I am a complete newbie to android so will appreciate any help on this matter :)
    Cheers!

Advertisement

2. colmmcgrath

colmmcgrath Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2012
    Your sd card may be corrupted. If it is so, then the android device will not recognize your sd card.

3. Maya_k

Maya_k New Member

Sep 4, 2012
    Chicago
    I put it into samsung galaxy s2 and it recognized it just fine. It can hold up to 4gbs... Not sure if that makes a difference.

4. rebbetzin

rebbetzin New Member

Mar 21, 2013
    i have the same issue... it just started happening after a month of having the phone...