• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

External SD Card Access & Ringtones

C.C.W.

Jul 27, 2010
I just got my Captivate this past weekend and love it so far. I came over from the HTC Aria so I am a little Android savvy. Question is this. I put a 2GB SD card in my Captivate and want to set one of the songs on it as a ringtone. I would also like for the external SD to be the default location for pictures when I take them. Thirdly, I want to access the external SD card when I connect my phone to the PC via the USB cable, but for the life of me, these 3 issues I cant seem to resolve and they were cake on the HTC.

Help would be great!

Thanks,
CCW

1. Make a folder called Ringtones on your microSD card. Problem solved.

2. Open Camera Application>Click on the Settings 'Gear Icon'>Click on the Wrench Icon>Scroll down to Storage.

3. You need to download the USB drivers from Samsung and follow the instructions already posted in a couple of threads here. I think one of them is even a Sticky thread.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones