• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help External Speaker issues - NOT BLOWN SPEAKERS!

a_austin

Lurker
Jun 9, 2011
Ohio
A couple months ago I was using speakerphone, and the external speaker just quit working on my Epic. I took it in to two Sprint stores and a Best Buy, all of which said I had blown my speaker. They wanted to charge me $30 to look at it, and I wouldn't get a refund if it was a phone defect. Before I could send it in to Samsung to get fixed, it started working again (ringtones, speakerphone, GPS Navigation, everything!), until the phone died. :( When I took it back to Sprint they told me that if sound was fine while it was working, it wasn't a blown speaker. They said it might be attributed to the Froyo update... I'm reluctant to send it to Samsung, because they estimate it to be about 10 days before I get it back. Anyone having these same problems? Any suggestions on how to fix it?

Thanks!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones