• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help external speaker stops working after a sounds profile change

Ok so this is the first problem I've had with my evo so far. In the last two days my external speakerhas stopped working but only after I change the profile to vib:eek: or silent then go back to n:eek:ormal. To get sound again I have to do a battery pull then it works again. So I have a feeling its a software issue. I wanted to know 1st if any one else has had this 2nd what do I want to use to back up to do a reset. And 3rd how do I do a reset.

I would try a hard reset. To backup fully you need to root. If you dont root, your contacts and calendar should already be synced to google, but I would check to make sure. You can download an app called AppBrain, which will make a list of all your apps, so you can re-download them all at once when you are done. This wont save your settings or saved games though.

To hard reset, turn phone off, then hold the volume down button while hitting power, then select clear storage. Or with the phone on, go to Menu-Settings-SD and Phone Storage-Factory Data Reset.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones