1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Accessories extra batteries (charger etc) for the slide...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rrolff, Jun 10, 2010.

1. rrolff

rrolff Active Member

Jun 2, 2010
    Thought I'd throw in what I found regarding batteries... I use the thing a lot, and it seems running WiFi, 3G and Bluetooth will give you 1/2 a days usage (your mileage will vary).

Searching bb00100 (the battery part number) gets almost nothing - but there was a reference to that battery being used in the Eris.

Looks the same - same voltage - we'll see when I get it... Ebay droid eris battery.

You can get 2 extra batteries, and an external charger specific to the battery - so you can charge one while you run your phone...

Cost is around $15 delivered. Downside is it's gonna come from China - so you get to wait a couple weeks. Kinda a must have add-on.... There are several vendors selling them...

Advertisement

2. jimczyz

jimczyz Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2008
    You gotta be careful with cellphone batteries from China, you usually get what you pay for there. I lost a Moto Razr using a cheap battery from China, it overheated and fried my phone.

3. rrolff

rrolff Active Member

Jun 2, 2010
    Got the batteries and charger this weekend - works perfectly - I now have two backup batteries and a very nice charger - works perfectly and recommended.

smakmauz likes this.
  4. smakmauz

smakmauz Member

Feb 27, 2010
    Seattle, Wa

So its the same battery as the Eris??

5. rrolff

rrolff Active Member

Jun 2, 2010
    Yes - same battery. This opens up the accessory side.

I see no difference operationally with the new battery compared with the HTC stock battery.

For me it's a must - as I run through battery quickly (WiFi, Bluetooth etc).

For long flights it'll also be nice :) Three batteries - woo-hoo!

smakmauz likes this.
  6. rrolff

rrolff Active Member

Jun 2, 2010
  7. smakmauz

smakmauz Member

Feb 27, 2010
    Seattle, Wa
    nice!! thanks!!

8. ookoshi

ookoshi New Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Just wanted to say that I have the same setup, 2 extra battery and an external battery charger, and I rotate through the 3 batteries. It's nice never having to plug my phone.

However, before people do this, realize that you're going to have to replace your back cover every 6 months or so (you can get a new one for like $20 on ebay). The cover isn't really designed to be removed on a daily basis, and the little plastic tabs that hold the cover on will break over time.

9. cw54o

cw54o Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2010
    V.A
    @rrolff i got the same batteries from china about 3weeks after i got my slide on launch. mine came with 3 extra batteries (eris batteries) a wall charger thing, idk the actual name but u stick the battery in the back and plug it in the socket? lol its about 3/4 inches tall.. . . i also got like 3screen protectors, a usb cable, a gps dock, car charger and something else cant remember off top (11items total) for 13bucks. since june i havent had one issue with any of these batteries. they fit just fine in my slide. and for the price i paid u cant beat that IMO