• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Extra Thunderbolt bateries

Going to buy an extra battery, just wanted to make sure that when I see a listing that says MyTouch 4g or Merge that we know for sure these will fit the Thunderbolt.

Yep this is the exact same battery , you can use these no problem... If you are at all concerned it wont work wait till tomorrow and I'll text mine out when I pick up my Thunderbolt and I'll report back but I'm 99% positive they are the exact same battery and the external charger will work.... This is by far the best way to go, I would however reccomend buying an OEM battery as your spare because those knock off batteries are probably between 900-1100 mah (good for extras to keep around but not for a daily battery) But the external charger it self is worth the $10 might as well have a couple extra short life batteries to go along with it

I actually everyonce in awhile use one of the hong kong 1500mah batteries for my Incredible and it gets me easily thru the day (12-15hrs)but thats it. My EVO battery gets my DI 20+ hrs

Upvote 0
I'm definitely going to get a larger battery, but I might wait for the reported 2750 mah battery. That should get me through the day...I hope. Seido currently offering a 1600 mah with a "coming soon" for extended.

I'm going to start keeping an eye out for a used MT4G 1600 battery I won't pay more then $30 for one considering it's not that much more capictiy then the stock 1400battery which can be had for around $10

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones