1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tips Extract audio files?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Pynki, Jan 10, 2019.

1. Pynki

Pynki Lurker
    None

Nov 27, 2011
    I've been using the "The sleep learning system" app for a few years now, the guided meditation is crap but the music at the tail end is REALLY relaxing, so relaxing I paid just to be able to get the full 40min version of just the music. (It's the only thing I've found that mellows me out) Only when I went to download the app on a new phone I couldn't find it. Turns out it's no longer in the store.

Is there a way I can extract the audio file from my old phone? Or extract the whole APK to my computer then transfer it to the new phone? (is that even a thing?)

Advertisement

2. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Jun 12, 2010
    Male
    IT
    Pennsylvania
    As a paid app, the .apk is protected so you'd need to root your old phone to get it, which could force a factory reset and clear all your apps. A bit of a catch 22. If the app is still installed on your old phone, there should be developer contact information there. You might want to try and contact them. If the app was discontinued, they might be kind enough to provide you with a copy, but if the app was removed by Google then there are probably copyright issues (or malware issues). In either case, you'd probably be better off finding similar music elsewhere.