• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Extracted Triumph ADB drivers

wobblethehutt

Nov 16, 2010
NH
after fighting with trying to get the Phone_F_USB_Driver_v1.1.7.msi to install when trying to update my PRL I finally installed universal extractor and extracted the driver folders from the .MSI file.

when you set your phone to com mode with anycut just go to device manager and tell it to look in a driver folder for each of the unknown devices and point to the appropriate directory (win32 for 32bit systems and win64 for 64 bit versions) and it will install properly.

Attachments

• TriumphDrivers.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 1,749
Thanks Wobblethehutt, I had unbelievable trouble trying to get my Triumph recognized for use with USB Debug. I removed all USB drivers for the Triumph then rebooted phone and PC. Having unzipped your drivers to a folder I then installed a Legacy New Hardware, ADB Device. Have disk and pointed to my driver folder and selected the F_USB driver, Windows showed device error, but then I connected the USB Triumph and enabled USB Debugging and Windows 7 (64) imiediatley installed the right driver. I simply deleted the non functioning hardware I had installed and it all works fine now.
As a further aside I was following a tutorial conecting to the internet in Google Appinventor using the Triumph as my development device. As the app sent any query to the server the program crashed on the phone, can anyone tell me can we use all the functions of the Android Triumph under Appinventor or are there limits on what can be done. Once again thank you your posting with drivers saved me from returning this great phone.

Upvote 0
That's very nice, but since anycut on MIUI has no COM mode what are we poor souls are supposed to do?

True..I need to connect to USB for a different reason, but I noticed that there is no COM mode in anycut for MIUI. Has anyone found a solution to this? I'm not able to access my SD card via USB.

Edit:
Nevermind, found a solution for me which I described here. Thank you, wobblethehutt for the drivers!

Upvote 0
I too am having trouble getting ADB to show up with my Triumph so I can tether but I don't understand what to do with the Motorola Drivers zip that has been posted. Can someone do a step by step explanation please.
When I plug my phone in I aways get the CD drive box which installs F USB and even after installing it, it still comes up when I plug in again and as I said ADB does not show up.

Upvote 0
I dont understand what to do ive been trying to set this up for 5 hours now. can you please help with the steps! I dont know what to plug in or how to go to com mode! PLEASE!

What is it you are trying to acomplish? If it's grab the drivers they are posted. And if you didn't know, the drivers that are posted are for Windows.

Upvote 0
Well when i connect my phone to my PC it understands that there is a USB connected and it just asks how i would want to view my files on the phone, so that works fine.

But when i go to device Manager to check if its cconnected to the ADB interface because i am developing an App for the marketplace and need to test it on my phone it doesnt show up. It doesnt even show that its connected as "Other Devices" there is absolutely nothing related to the Motorla. So i extracted these files and tried to add a new ADB through Legacy Mode still doesnt recognize the phone. Gives me an error when i install the Triumph files. I just bought a new i3 PC. so its not the computer(I hope) haha.

So thats the problem i am having i dug through numerous solutions spent hours on this and nothing. Still get nothing.

Upvote 0
Well when i connect my phone to my PC it understands that there is a USB connected and it just asks how i would want to view my files on the phone, so that works fine.

But when i go to device Manager to check if its cconnected to the ADB interface because i am developing an App for the marketplace and need to test it on my phone it doesnt show up. It doesnt even show that its connected as "Other Devices" there is absolutely nothing related to the Motorla. So i extracted these files and tried to add a new ADB through Legacy Mode still doesnt recognize the phone. Gives me an error when i install the Triumph files. I just bought a new i3 PC. so its not the computer(I hope) haha.

So thats the problem i am having i dug through numerous solutions spent hours on this and nothing. Still get nothing.

Just to be sure,you did turn on USB debugging. Without it, the phone won't communicate.

Reactions: thangfish
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones