1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Apps Extracting frames from vid

Discussion in 'Android Development' started by k_anas, Mar 3, 2011.

1. k_anas

k_anas Lurker
    None

Mar 3, 2011
    student
    Tunisia
    Hello everyone,

I've been looking for a way to extract frames from a video for my Android App... The only things I found were related to the Java Media Framework, which I did not succeed to use since Eclipse doesn't seem to recognize the packages even though I've installed JMF on my computer.

What I need is to be able to get a video that is located on the SSD card of the phone (The video is recorded from the phone) and be able to separate all the frames of it, so I can make some processing out of it... Is there any other way than the JMF library? Or maybe can someone help me get JMF to work?

Thanks a lot in advance for any help at all!

Advertisement

2. DiscGolfer17

DiscGolfer17 Newbie
    None

Jul 29, 2010
    I have been working on a project over the past several months to play a video using the FFmpeg library and the Android NDK. You can compile it for Android and decode each frame and do what you would like with it. As far as I know that is your only option to be able to process video frames...

3. k_anas

k_anas Lurker
    None

Mar 3, 2011
    student
    Tunisia
    thank u my friend, but dont you think that i can use xuggle!!

4. DiscGolfer17

DiscGolfer17 Newbie
    None

Jul 29, 2010
    I looked into that a little but I never actually tried using it. If you get it to work I would be glad to hear about it! This would definitely be useful for a lot of people trying to do work with FFmpeg.