1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Support extreme slow internet speeds evo 3g

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Paushes, Feb 18, 2011.

1. Paushes

Paushes Lurker

HTC EVO 4G
    Now first things first you cannot compare my thread to anyone else because my speeds are 10 kilobytes when people complaining at 60kb/s and the funny thing is that would be all i want JUST 60! (3g speeds i dont have 4g where im at)

so Download speeds have sucked ever since i bought it like 2 days after christmas and the weird thing is upload speed is 8x faster i just dont get it,
    ive called support and they updated the firmware and all that other stuff, but nope.
    thanks sprint..
    if you could help me fix this i would be so grateful:thinking:

Advertisement

2. Tempusfugit

Tempusfugit Android Enthusiast

Have you tried it in other places?

I get about 10kbps on my EVO at my house even though I have solid orange for 2 miles in every direction on the coverage map. Other places I get 3g and 4g just fine.

3. Paushes

Paushes Lurker

Everywhere i go its always been a consistent .09 mb/s and upload going to like .60mb/s which makes no sense at all, i always have like 4-6 bars...
    no one here had this problem and fixed it dramatically?

4. Tempusfugit

Tempusfugit Android Enthusiast

Well sounds like its not a location thing.. And from the sounds of it you updated your PRL and profile on the phone with sprint.

You could try this:

(Fix) Downloads for Music apps and faster 3G - xda-developers

or a slight variant here:

http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all...r-solution-fix-your-slow-3g-speeds-evo4g.html

but like you said, those usually help with semi-slow speeds, not 10kbps..

5. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Extreme Android User

I was getting 10-15 kbps when I found the fix fyi

There are still one or two towers I have issues with. Mainly the one near work. Calling sprint about that tomorrow

Tags: