1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Extreme SMS Lagg

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sycron, Aug 8, 2010.

1. sycron

sycron Member

Lately my X has been experining this crazy lagg when i access the SMS app. I have to wait a few seconds just to pull up someones name on the list. I think that this is caused because its saving every single message i've ever recieved... and the sad part is the phone doesn't give you a option to limit this.

The Droid1 gave a option, I think mine was at 200, so 200 messages were always kept, the old ones got deleted. Does the Droid X have this option hidden somewhere? Otherwise this lagg is not what I want to deal with.

2. johnnyo4evr

johnnyo4evr Newbie

Same problem...anyone have a solution to why this is happening?!? Takes me like 15-30 seconds just to load the txt message and typing lags as well..same with loading the names of the contacts in my inbox

3. quickaudi

quickaudi Android Expert

Stock text app?

4. johnnyo4evr

johnnyo4evr Newbie

yeah, stock text app. there's a diff app we can use for texting? I did a hard reset. which has helped so far but hopefully the issue won't come back!

5. sycron

sycron Member

Yeah stock. I really don't want to have to change SMS Apps just to stop this lagg.

6. Flying_Hellfish

Flying_Hellfish Android Enthusiast

long press the name in the SMS list and press, delete conversation. I've had to do that a few times with the people I txt the most.

I know this isn't a perfect solution but it works.

Motorola Droid X Forum

The Motorola Droid X release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, TI OMAP3630 processor, and 1540mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews