1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Extremely Annoying Delay on WhatsApp

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by morphiah, Feb 5, 2014.

1. morphiah

morphiah Lurker
    None

Feb 5, 2014
    I have a Google Nexus 4, 16gb. I'm on Virgin Mobile (Canada).

The issue is that on WhatsApp (specifically on group chat), there is often a very long delay until my messages are sent. I see the little clock icon next to my message, indicating that it is not being sent. This happens with regular messages, voice messages, picture messages, videos, everything. I don't get the group members' messages on time, I often get all of their messages at once because of the delay.

This happens on both on Wi-Fi and off Wi-Fi, I have used several different Wi-Fi connections in my time using this phone, and the issue persists. I have tried uninstalling/deleting the app and reinstalling it, and the issue persists. Therefore it must be either an issue with the app or my phone.

What could the issue be, could it be a firewall on my phone or something? Do you guys have this issue? It seriously happens SEVERAL times a day, and I use this group a lot every day. My phone is not rooted, and I bought it from the Google Play Store unlocked almost a year ago. Please help me!

Advertisement

amit anant harek likes this.