1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Extremely Disappointed with HTC repair

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by musicmaster, Aug 27, 2010.

1. musicmaster

musicmaster Member

May 31, 2010
    A few weeks back, my HTC Mytouch (Magic)'s headphone jack stopped working. I had called them up and had an RMA set up to have it fixed.

In the box, I had included a typed note stating the problem, stating the phone is unlocked and that I would like it returned unlocked, and a simple request to remove dust from under the screen (since they would have the phone apart anyways)

Anyways, when I get the unit back, they changed motherboards (new IMEI number), re-locked the phone and didn't clean the dust out from under the screen.

I called HTC support on Monday and explained how the phone was unlocked when sent in and because it is a different IMEI number than the one that I purchased, T-Mobile wouldn't supply the unlock code. The woman on the phone said it could take 48 hours for them to get back to me with the code.
    I called HTC and they said it could take up to 72 hours to get the code. Called yesterday. Was told that the guy had emailed the support team directly and I would have it by this morning. Called and they said it would take 7-14 days and it would be text-messaged to me.

I'm really, really ****ed off. They didn't read the note I included and wrapped the phone in and they are taking forever to get the code to me.

T-Mobile isn't any help because I had initially bought the phone and used it as a pre-paid. Closed the account there a few months back.

Advertisement

2. musicmaster

musicmaster Member

May 31, 2010
    Week later. Still no code