• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Extremely High Battery Usage by "Android OS" process

spinnaker

Nov 27, 2009
This problem just started this week (had my Droid since release date). The battery is being drained really fast (dead in just a few hours) and when I look at the battery usage "Android OS" is using 70%+ of the battery.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Does anyone know what the Android OS process encompasses?

New apps I've downloaded this week are: Wavesecure, Ringdroid, TalktoMe Keyboard and a few Rounded Labs widgets (ringer, screen brightness).

Thanks.

I recently received this problem too about a week ago. I don't know if it came from one of my apps when I did a mass update, or it was from that one useless Alarm clock app I downloaded (and uninstalled).

I'm thinking about uninstalling every app, and starting over.

If anybody knows a better way to track down who's using the "Android OS" process, then please let us know. And shouldn't the Android OS process be Android System? So, I might think it's something fishy too.

Upvote 0
We're seeing the Android OS battery draining issue reported around various forums.

I have a habit of looking at mine frequently, and it sits at about 4% on OS and exactly the same on System, so yes, you've got the bug (referred to as "the init bug" here and there). I have not seen it on my Fascinate.

It is intermittent, that's the biggest frustration about it. Sometimes it responds to a reboot, meaning it'll go away for a while in devices that have that bug.

I have not found a cure for it in searching, but that does not mean one is not out there.. perhaps others will chime in.

Reactions: maddin25
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones