• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Extremely weird android auto problem

jjccrv

Lurker
Feb 7, 2020
I have a Samsung galaxy s8+, and my wife has a LG H872. I have a 2016 Honda Civic Ex-t coupe that has android auto and I've owned the car since day one. The new android auto menu comes up fine and stays on, however as soon as I press one of the apps, (doesn't matter which one) I get a message device disconnected. I have changed cables and had the ports replaced, still getting the same problem. Now for the weird part, tried my phone in my wife's 2019 Honda HRV and android auto worked fine could use all the functions. Took her phone into my car, with my cable and her phone worked perfectly with my android auto, no problems whatsoever. Switched over to my phone and got the same problem as before. I have uninstalled and reinstalled android auto numerous times, same problem. I have deleted and reinstalled the phone on the car more than once. I have rebooted the system in the car twice. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!

Appreciate your thoughts, I think you could be on the right track. Wish me luck in getting the folks at android auto to answer. Meanwhile, I will talk to the Honda tech hotline and see what they think and if there is some kind of update for the infotainment system that they are aware of. I will also post this on the Honda Civic forum.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Appreciate your thoughts, I think you could be on the right track. Wish me luck in getting the folks at android auto to answer. Meanwhile, I will talk to the Honda tech hotline and see what they think and if there is some kind of update for the infotainment system that they are aware of. I will also post this on the Honda Civic forum.
no worries. if you find a solution, please come back here and let us know. it might help other folks who stumble upon this thread.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones